Love taking photos on tour?

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
That is a nice bit of kit. The only downside is it says "i've expensive camera kit in here, nick me'. As it's a camera specific bag from Manfrotto.

I use 1 of 2 Tumi backpacks that don't give a clue as to the contents, which could, if fully loaded for a longer trip contain over £20k of kit. Both can be used for business or pleasure.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
From the day we bought our first van , all my photos are taken on my mobile where ever we go , saved on a seperate file to my others but also on to my google account . Some cracking photos from all over the place .
Craig

Nov 22, 2006
Visit site
The problem with this this sort of thread, is that almost immediately it will descend into a mobile / camera stand off - or to put it another way photographer / happy snapper standoff, and l suppose l am guilty of doing that, but at least l can plead that Craig inadvertently started it off first.

If you are a serious photographer, your equipment of first choice, most certainly is not a mobile. Why - simply because of the lack of control, taken away from you the photographer by the software imposed upon you by the mobile manufacturer. Yes you will achieve very acceptable images from mobiles, but they are not yours - you may have pointed the mobile in the right direction, but thereafter it is the in-built software that decides all most everything else. Now if that is your thing, and you are happy with the end result, then great ( and l really mean that ) for at the end of the day the only person who really has to be pleased by what they take is the taker.

However, if you are from the other standpoint, and you wish to be in control of your final image, you wish to control such things as depth of field etc, then mobiles are not the way to go fro you, and thus you will need something to carry your equipment in, which leads us nicely back to what in reality this thread is really about, i.e.: a camera bag.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Parigby ! Hi !
Thanks for that ! you're right , I am not a professional photographer , I am a family man who loves going away in the caravan and snapping photographs of where I am or may have been , that's all my phone fits in my back pocket and I don't need a £12o.oo bag :p
Not going to start a debate on what is best ,mobile or digital cameras , but I've got over 2oo pictures from the last few year and Memories that will do me , now , back to the expensive camera bag . . . :p
Happy snapping .

Craig

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Actually it's not true that mobiles offer no control, not only does my Samsung S8 allow full control, you can also save as raw files for processing in programme like Adobe Lightroom. I am not a professional photographer but I am a published one and will use either my DSLR, point and shoot or phone , whichever is most appropriate for the job.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
We really must stop this posting about camera bags, seeing that Craigyoung does not need one.

Craigyoung said:
Not going to start a debate on what is best , mobile or digital cameras
i think you did :lol:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a reasonable DSLR outfit and have taken many pictures during our caravan adventuring around Europe. However during our last 6 week tour, although I took it with me, I never took it out of the bag, and just relied on my mobile. You may ask the reason why, simple no one wants to look at them, so it's only when on my computer screen when they come up randomly that I get a return for all my efforts. Therefore I found that the quality of my mobile is sufficient to be able watch them as they pop up on my screen, and this revives memories of the places we have visited.
I do think that we all make our own minds up and what we want from our photography, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
20171112_172505.jpg
This bag is hard cased and does the same £30

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts