Low cost fixed twin options?

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok so we love our little 2 berth Swift GXL 390 but it is time to face facts. It's little. Really tiny.
She's fine for a weekend's motorsport, but as we discovered recently on our first "big trip", she's really not suitable for habitation if you're going to be rained in for a couple of days.
I'm now looking into slightly larger options. One of the major problems is having to convert beds back to seats during the day, so we're looking at some kind of fixed bed option. A fixed double isn't suitable as neither of us is a lightweight and having to climb over each other during the night could be problematic to say the least. An island bed, even second hand, at this point in time is probably out of our budgetary reach. Also, himself is 6'4" and finding one with a bed long enough is definitely out of reach. So single fixed twins looks like the way to go.
If I could buy new, then we'd be looking at the Adria Adora I think but unless we get an unexpected legacy or lottery win, that's not going to happen.
I've done a fair bit of online research and come to the conclusion that our best option is going to be to look out for continental models. Specifically I've seen a few Cristall Samoa and Mooreas that have the config I'm looking for, with the two single beds at one end and the U shaped seating area with table at the other. A separate shower is a "nice to have" but we have a wetroom at the moment and never use the shower feature - we just use the showers wherever we stay. Equally we don't have an oven, but I would like a grill.
One other thing I've noticed on these models is they all have an on board water tank and I'm not really clear on how that works.
So my questions are:
  1. Can anyone suggest any other models that I could be looking at, bearing in mind that our drop dead limit would be GBP£6K and that's presuming we get a trade in on the Swift.
  2. Does anyone have one of these Cristalls and are they good?
  3. Can anyone give me a bullet point on on board water tanks - how are they filled, can you still use an aquaroll, are there any pitfalls to watch out for?
As always, any assistance gratefully received.

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello evilpumpkin
How have got bon finding a van, The Caravan Company have a Cristall Samoa 490EB for £6995.00 dont know if its what you want.
Cant help with the the make as I have never owned one
Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts