LOWDAM CARAVAN SALES

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren

the only dealing I had was when I went to look at there dealer special they had a 2003 van left in the layout I wanted and had reduced it by about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There Sales dept is very good.The PDI inspector is named Stevie Wonder,the workshops are Staffed by Monkeys Nothing is done on time,Quality of repair work is poor. parts promised never seem to arrive.Forget it find another Dealer GS.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,I have had quite a lot of dealings with this company over the last 1-2 years, and I must say that mostly they have treated me well. Their sales service is excellent, and they keep you informed of progress on orders etc. They have also replaced a slightly cracked window in my van under guarentee without question or argument.Their service people are fairly efficient as well and spares and accessories are mostly in stock.

The down side (there is usually one) that I think they are fairly expensive for spares/accessories and I've just been informed that my storge fees at their compound are to rise next year by a not inconsiderable sum (and I had to take my own grass cutters down there this summer as my bay was rapidly becoming overgrown !)

I have also been told of sloppiness by some of the staff, ie they towed his alko hitch-equiped van from the storage compound with a greased towball tractor ! and then wernt interested in replacing his contaminated stabiliser pads.

But I feel on the whole they are probably no worse than any other major dealer and probably better than some.I would be interested to know why you ask the quetion.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was saving this one for a topic of my own. Having dealt with these people over the last year I feel qualified to comment on their ability as a dealership. Firstly, buying a new caravan was a relatively painless operation. Their deals are not fantastic, but then that's the case at the moment with most dealerships. Handover was good too, we were taken through all the caravans equipment, although a few items were missed, such as the small dent on an outside wall (it was after all an ex demonstrator), it was reasonably thorough. My biggest problem was when I tried to get these small "missed" items and a battery box door fixed. It would be accurate to say the after sales service is poor. Time after time we were was fobbed off with excuses about when I could have the battery box door fixed; they lost paperwork, didn't follow up requests, and blamed others for the problems. I started of as a nice patient customer, trying to let them do their job (after all, they know best) and ended up walking in there demanding that the work be done! I lost money because I wanted to sell the caravan to upgrade to a twin axle, but couldn't because the repairs took so long. I missed the time of year when demand was high along with prices and have had to settle for less in the process. Funny thing is, I was going to buy the new caravan from them, they would have made even more money from me and kept a customer. I have now gone elsewhere for my Bailey, I don't know if I am going to receive the same service from the new outfit (no names mentioned) or its going to improve. If it doesn't, then I shall take my business elsewhere again. One bright light at the end of the Lowdham's tunnel is a guy called Mark Peachornby. He took over our case and got things moving. His dedication and enthusiasm for the job was at odds with the rest of the motley crew in the service area. He tried to correct what had happened and went out of his way to please. So if you deal with Lowdham in the future, ask for him by name. Now I'm gonna post this and see if some or all of it gets through the sensor!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I felt I should write to even things out a little.

We bought our Abbey Freestyle from Lowdhams 18 months ago, they gave us a very good price on our old Bailey, despite the fact that there had been a large leak from the water tank. On collecting our new van everything was explained, every question answered.

We have developed a crack in the shower base/floor, this has been done under warranty, at a time to suit us (we are in France in our van for about 3 months at a time).

We had a slight disagreement with a ferry booth on the way home last time which meant the offside awning rail being replaced, Lowdhams gave us a quote and are at present awaiting insurance agreement before replacing it.

We have always found them courteous and knowledgeable. We feel very sorry that you have had bad experiences, but as they say.."you can only speak as you find it" and we would not hesitate to recommend them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do I detect a change of policy on the part of PC? Form as posting by the PC moderator in another thread I was under the impression that the forum would not publish individual complaints about a dealer. This thread, and another in the general section, seems to contradict the aforesaid moderator comment. Can I assume that PC is beginning weigh the customers views more heavily? or is this an adminastrative oversight?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts