lubrication for steadies

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
I read somewhere that Duckhamms Q from Halfords was good for the 'screw' on the steadies.

I tried my local Halfords and they had'nt heard of it nor could give a sugeested alternative

Any ideas why Duckahms Q

Any alternative that wont attract chippings as grease does

Many thanks

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
From what i have just read, it's the old 20/50 motor oil

" Duckhams Q 20w-50 Classic Engine Motor Oil, is based on the original 20w-50 multi-grade engine oil, originally introduced in the mid 1950's and continuously updated to provide excellent lubricant performance and engine protection.

Traditional oil for engines up to 1980. Ideal for older design engines where oil consumption is a problem. "

NEWS FLASH: Duckhams Q 20w-50 is being discontinued by the manufacturer, when we have sold all our stock that is it!

Choice is yours :eek:)

I use a good spray on chain lube

Sproket

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
try cooking oil like sunflower veg oil light and in your kitching agree grease to sticky light oildont last vaseline is very good dont be caught with it in your car lol

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
When l worked for ICI we used to use a product called thread guard, brilliant product but alas banned, as it was lead based, can't remember what took its place.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
When I had my caravan serviced last month, the mobile engineer used white grease from an aerosol on the steadies. This grease is obtainable from most DIY outlets and as it's aerosol based, it is easy to respray when required,

ATB, Martin

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Why not buy an aerosol can of chain lube grease from any motorcycle dealers. This stuff is good and has a long lasting effect after each spray, keeping all the muck an grime at bay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts