Lucksall Caravan Park - Mordiford - Hereford

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Ive just spent the weekend at one of the nicest sites Ive visited. It was at Lucksall Caravan Park, Mordiford near Hereford.

The site is nice and flat with a backdrop of wood covered hills. We asked for a riverside pitch and thats what it was, a few feet from the River Wye. I could have fished from my pitch if I'd taken my rods, they charge £4.50 per day or £16.00 per week.

As I was setting up a kingfisher flew by and there were swans as far as the eye could see. Lots of dragonflies (mainly emperors) were flying about. A few hours later whilst taking the dogs for a walk I spotted a little egret.

You can walk along the river bank for miles as its a public right of way. They also have two flat rally fields (with at least one with electrics).

I have been to sites from Marazion in Cornwall to Brora in the far north of Scotland and this rates as one of the best. The ironic thing about it is this site is just 2 miles from my home :O)

My daughter has to be out of her rented accomodation soon and the home she and her husband are buying won't be ready until late October so Ive suggested they have our bungalow whilst Her Ladyship and I go to Lucksall for 5 weeks - I cant wait.

The cost is £50 per week for van and 2 adults including electrics. The downside is the showers are charged at 20p.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
nice to see you back posting Lord B, hope you are keeping well?

Lady Maureen has been enquiring after your health on the Chit-Chat pages, perhaps you need to complete a progess report every so often regarding your whereabouts, etc.

oh hang on, you just did!! (",)

I'm off for a job interview this afternoon, keep your fingers crossed for me!

all the best. Mark (",)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Mark and good luck in your interview :O)

I had noticed that Maureen had elevated herself to the upper ranks of society but she can never be a blue blood or have access to the higher echelons of this country. hehheh!

OMG I must stop this crap else I will start believing it myself ;O)

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi L B, I was staying at Lucksalls park from the 8/8/06 until the 13/8/06 ,we were on riverside pitch 9 ,must have just missed you ,yes i agree it is a fantastic site we go there at least 5 times a year ,the pitches are very large ,and the fishing is some of the best in the country ,you can also hire a canoe or a bike on site ,plus Hereford is only a few miles away

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi L B, I was staying at Lucksalls park from the 8/8/06 until the 13/8/06 ,we were on riverside pitch 9 ,must have just missed you ,yes i agree it is a fantastic site we go there at least 5 times a year ,the pitches are very large ,and the fishing is some of the best in the country ,you can also hire a canoe or a bike on site ,plus Hereford is only a few miles away
Sorry i put the wrong dates in ,it was from the 8/9/06 till 13/9/06

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Joby - we were there then - Friday until Sunday - Riverside pitch 18 we had, wasn't far from you. If I could have climbed a tree on site I would probably been able to see our house hehheh! It takes me as long to hook the van up as it does to drive home. I'm going there tomorrow to book up about 5 weeks stay cos my daughter and her tribe are taking over our house. I'm hoping the weather wont be too bad and I can find my fishing tackle :O)

Because we are staying that long we wont be able to have a riverside pitch though, we have got to have a hardstanding.

I will certainly be using the site more in the future for 3 day breaks.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lord B, we must have past right passed you , i remember walking along the river bank and there was an awning with the front wide open ,and we said hello to the people and the small dog barked ,and my wife said the dogs said hello as well ,that was around pitch 18 ,we have a Senator Indiana with a green Sunncamp ultima 390 awning ,and we also had our St george flag flying ,there was also a guy with a bright red awning near you ,perhaps you may have seen us

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We didn't bother putting our awning up Joby, we have a Abbey GTS Vogue 217 with a VW Passat Estate. Its a wonder you never spotted my Coat of Arms and the seats on the back of the caravan for my footmen :O) hehheh!

I'm going to Lucksall this afternoon to book up our 5 weeks stay but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. With my daughter moving out we have loads of their stuff stored. I have a double length garage and two sheds and I'll be b*ggered if I can find my fishing rods because of boxes stacked to the roofs.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lord B,sorry to hear about your fishing rods ,coming from the rception at Lucksall go up the straight road with the riverside pitches to your right ,there is another line of caravans on the left its known as millionairs row ,the second caravan along with all the flowers outside ,the guy who stays there is called Dave he's there 9 months of the year ,now he goe's fishing every day ,i am sure if you talk to him about fishing he will probably lend you some tackle .i shall be there again on the Friday 6 october bye for now

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Joby, I'm sure I'll find my rods but I know the row of vans you mean. Unfortunately we wont be there on the 6th. This coming Friday we go to Cirencester Park then on from there to Bognor. We come back to Lucksall for 6 days then leave again on the 6th for Pembrey Country Park. We come back to Lucksall then hopefully for about 5 weeks which will take us into November. I'm looking forward to it but not looking forward to what mess our house will be in after all that time hehheh!

TRENDING THREADS