Lunar Clubman SE or Swift Challenger With Island Bed

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

If I sat down and thought I'm sure there would be some more problems for me but in fairness I have fixed a lot myself.

Underengineering seems a common problem, eg seat supports. Is this because of a quest to reduce weight? The simple insertion of the 2x1 solved it!

I also notice a lot of the fittings are of 3rd rate quality. They look good but don't perform. Two years ago we did the aluminium window frames on Senator S6s to death. The makers Polyplastic and their UK agents Miriad Products Ltd just didn't do their research properly imo. In the winter the condensation is bad but something we have learnt to cope with.

Note the Pegy and Oly out of Bailey don't have ally window frames.

I'd love to know what is the real driving force in caravan design and materials used?

The pump failures you have experienced would cause me concern as a manufacturer. This shouldn't happen on the scale it seems to.

Maybe it's time Swift, Bailey Lunar et al started looking at alternative suppliers for all the equipment and do more long term testing to failure??

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts