lunar floor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have a lunar primere 415 club class 1994 model and over the last 12 months we have noticed that the floor has started to creek and crack when we walk about on it . this problem is driving me and my wife daft we have tryed putting the legs on wood but this has no affect so i am wondering wheather the floor is ready for repairing .does anybody else have the same problem if so please let me know .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,you will find that the floor has possible delamination.ours had a 1993 bailey.if you dont know this is the separation of the top layer of ply from the insulation.the floor is made up of about 2inch thick insulation with a layer of ply top and bottom.this will normally happen in most used places ie.door entrance or kitchen next to sink.you can repair it yourself if you do diy.this means drilling 10mm holes 5inch apart in a large square (not all the way through only to the bottom ply)find the bottom and tape up your drill to that depth.this is filled with a two part mix apoxy resin and plugged with wood dowels as you go.tape up all joints underneath first to stop the glue running out of joints,its like water.before you start support the floor out side in the place of delamination,a wood block and 3x2 is ok.when finished place a large poly sack on top of glue,then a heavy weight ie.gas bottle plus spare tyre or tyres.leave 24 hours to set.apoxy resin about

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have this problem in our 2004 Lunar Lexon near the fixed bed and the dealer states that there is nothing to worry about as they cannot find anything wrong. It is most disturbing when climbing out of the bed in the mif ddle of the night and the thing creaks and groans. Surely this is not right?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have a 20 month old elddis caravan which developed a creaking floor it turnsout the sides of the caravan are badly bowed but in a caravan which is older and built better this is hopfully not the case good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a similar problem with a 15 year old Elddis. The simplest solution is to remove (with a sharp blade)the top layer of ply wood in the affected area and place extra stiffening timber into the insulation layer. The new stiffeners should be glued and screwed into place from underneath and within the caravan. Sounds a bigger job than it is in reality! Beware using a saw to remove the top layer of ply in case you inadvertently cut through the existing stiffeners. Contact me on jpeatling@aol.com if you want more detailed info

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts