LUNAR SOLAR 462

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian, I,ve had a 1997 Lunar Solar 462. since new and have been very pleased with it, the gas water heater was replaced in 2002 but that,s about it. There was one thing since new, the offside of the van is lower than the nearside by about 1 inch. Lunar said that this was within limits and that it was okay, other than that it,s been great. Hope this helps. Allan

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
From experience watch Lunars quality very carefully and if things are wrong they make all sorts of excuses to get out of it, not the same company since they were bought out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Brian, we have a 462 which we bought new in 1998. It's a smashing caravan. The layout is just what we wanted, and the price was right. It tows like a dream, and has proved to be very reliable. I have it serviced every year by a local lad who runs a mobile servicing business (Caravan Care Service, based near Castleford, 110% reliable, anyone want his number just ask via the forum).

We did think about trading it in last year, but having looked around, didn't think we would be getting anything better for the money, so decided to keep it for another couple of years. What more can I say.

Barney.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi .From my experience as an ex Lunar owner ,i would agree with Martin .They are known as leaky Lunars .,and they are not a very customer friendly outfit I agree that some of their layouts are good ,but build quality is suspect .Which ever caravan you choose ,i hope it is sound and you get lots of pleasure from it.

Best Wishes Coljac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts