lunar stellar 400 2001

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
have just purchased the above caravan and after reading some of the comments on "leaky lunars" and damp problems with them we are a bit concerned. where are the likely areas to check for damp and leaks? any advice would really be appreciated

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi ,we had a lunar moonlight for 14 years and after 3 years i found damp around the wheel arches .Ichecked the van with a damp meter and found damp around 3 widow frames ,in the area around the wheel arch it was so bad that i had to replace the timber frame whigh had rotted .Fortunatly i am a joiner and i could carry out the work my self [IT is also described in John Wickershams Caravan manuel] .The caravan was very good [we kept it for 14 years ],but lunar do have a poor reputation as far as damp is concerned.Im sorry about the doom and gloom but in a more posotive way [did you buy the van of a dealer????][does it have any form of gaurentee??] If you are woried take it to another dealer and ask him to test it for damp and give you a detailed written report this of course will cost you.,dont tell him your reasons as dealers tend to stick together.Now if you want to be sneaky why not go to a dealer and try to sell your van he will check it and tell you all the faults and a few more as well.Ido hope that all this isspeculation and that your caravan is one made on a good day and you have lots of pleasure out of it .By the way on the caravan talk web site all caravan makes have an archive forum which lists the faults ordinery caravanners have found Once again good luck .coljac

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
hi, thanks for replying, we will definately be checking those places. we only picked it up on friday so havent had much time yet. it is from a dealer(with a good reputation) and there is a warranty so fingers crossed it will be fine but at least we know where to check .now. its a lovely van, immaculate so its been well looked after. thanks for your help

jane

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts