Luton car park fire

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I would certainly agree with that point in regards to Caravan manufacturers, but car manufacturers are frequently making small changes which could be the result of reliability (and cost) issues.
My frustration with VW, and that of other owners around the world, is that things where reliability is poor don't get changed - they seem happy to replace poorly designed parts with the same again under the warranty and make customers pay for a sub-standard design if out of warranty.

Remember the old adverts in the '80s "If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen" - things have changed a lot since then!

Reactions: Buckman
May 7, 2012
Visit site
He seems to have been arrested as a precaution and then released, rather than being accused of anything. I am not at all sure what that means. As far as I know all investigations so far point to an accidental fire so do not draw any conclusions from the arrest. .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
He seems to have been arrested as a precaution and then released, rather than being accused of anything. I am not at all sure what that means. As far as I know all investigations so far point to an accidental fire so do not draw any conclusions from the arrest. .
and here is me thinking you only got arrested if it wasn't your fault! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Challenger
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like they want to question them under caution so arrested them and bailed them - usually done if they won't make a voluntary statement.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine that lives in Spain has had the same done to him. His car that was in the complex garage caught fire, and he has been arrested for possible Arson, his passport has been seized and has now been waiting over 9 month for the court case.

• Wow
Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Sounds like they want to question them under caution so arrested them and bailed them - usually done if they won't make a voluntary statement.
The news I heard said he was arrested and released, but that they thought that the cause of the fire was accidental.

I can't see how they can both say it was caused accidentally, but they are questioning someone.

Such is the quality of our news.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A felony may not have been intentional, but may have been caused by a careless act or another illegal act.

Just as an example (and I'm not suggesting this was the cause of the Luton fire) Someone attempting to syphon fuel might cause a spill which ignites and causes a fire.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The news I heard said he was arrested and released, but that they thought that the cause of the fire was accidental.

I can't see how they can both say it was caused accidentally, but they are questioning someone.

Such is the quality of our news.

John
They were arrested on suspicion of criminal damage - that may or may not be directly related to the fire. The press can only report what's released by the police - not quite true as the gutter press just makes things up!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A felony may not have been intentional, but may have been caused by a careless act or another illegal act.

Just as an example (and I'm not suggesting this was the cause of the Luton fire) Someone attempting to syphon fuel might cause a spill which ignites and causes a fire.
They were arrested on suspicion of criminal damage - that may or may not be directly related to the fire. The press can only report what's released by the police - not quite true as the gutter press just makes things up!
You are both correct. But what I was referring to was the ambiguous quality of the news as broadcast.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Amongst the many photos , this is allegedly the latest one being used in the investigations. You can rest assured one our leading Forensic Scientists were employed day one and their initial findings are in the correct hands .
If I was a gambling man a midlands car manufacturer must be having brown trousers. No stone will be left unturned.

IMG_5952.jpeg

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Article suggests that the insurers have determined that the claimant is "At Fault"..........
No indication as to who the insurers are, nor how they justify their claim. Perhaps they don't want to get involved in any litigation with other insurers regarding causation. It's at times like this that you find the quality of the insurance you have purchased.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts