Luxembourg

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Planning our summer hols, approx 25 days starting mid June. Arrive Hook of Holland, couple of days in Holland then to Luxembourg. Have been looking at Camping du Moulin at Bourscheid/moulin. Has anyone been or can you recommend any other sites in Luxembourg. We would like to have a look at Lux City but believe there are good public transport links to do this. Oh, also husband keen fisherman so would obviously prefer site with fishing.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
An Idea would be to find a site in Meuse France there are plenty of places to go fishing and you can drive to Luxembourg its only 30 to 45 mins in the car.
Certainly more choice than in Luxembourg see below for some ideas I hope this helps

Home | Europe | France | Lorraine | Meuse

Save results on navigation system
Campsite Les Breuils ***
/images/nav/icons/cc.gif

Verdun - Meuse - FranceIndicative price: Eur 20.60 - Touring pitches: 162
Opening date: 01/04 up to and including 30/09 Show location

More info

Campsite Du Bois joli
/images/nav/icons/kfk.gif

St. Maurice-sous-les-Côtes - Meuse - FranceIndicative price: Eur 12.70 - Touring pitches: 25
Opening date: 01/04 up to and including 15/10 Show location

More info

Campsite Le Paquis **

Varennes-en-Argonne - Meuse - FranceIndicative price: Eur 10.80 - Touring pitches: 80
Opening date: 24/04 up to and including 01/10 Show location

More info

Campsite La Gabrielle

Romagne-sous-Montfaucon - Meuse - FranceIndicative price: Eur 14.00 - Touring pitches: 6
Opening date: 01/04 up to and including 01/11 Show location

More info

Campsite La Citadelle

Montmédy - Meuse - FranceIndicative price: Eur 11.70 - Touring pitches: 32
Opening date: 01/05 up to and including 30/09 Show location

More i

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
IMO Luxembourg is one of the great 'missed out' places to visit in Europe. There is plenty to see, lots of places to go, and fuel is the cheapest you will find (around 1€/litre for diesel!) What is more it is not expensive.
The campsite to stay at is Camping Kockelscheuer to the SW of the city. This is a notional 'municipal' site but it is run by the Camping and Caravanning Club of Luxembourg. It is a pleasant site with shop and take-away, has some of the best (heated and free) facilities of any capsite anywhere in Europe, and drains well if it rains. 10% discount for more than one night stay with CCI card. Down side is if the wind is the wrong way you occassionally get aircraft flying over, and there is a bit of drone from the motorway about 1Km away. There is a bus-stop about about 100m from the road turn-off for the site but a total of about 10 mins walk from the site - the service is often as there is a P+R a bit further along the road. There is a sports centre with pool next door.
They do not take bookings, you just turn up. The site and office is closed 22:00-07:00 and 12:00-14:00 to cars but you can still walk in. Electricity is a fixed charge for one night but metered for longer stays. GET THERE EARLY. Unfortunately whilst the guy on the desk speaks several languages English is not really one of them although you can communicate after a fashion.

Another option a bit further away is the municipal at Born. The site is next to the river which forms the eastern border between Lux and D'land. Lux city is about 25mins on the autobahn (free) and a similar distance from Trier in Germany, and if you have the energy you can drive a bit further to Bernkastel on the Mosel, famous for its white wines. The site is on the road between the old religious centre of Echternach and Wasserbillig which was the border crossing until they were done away with.
The site has new modern facilities, a bar/restaurant, and site-wide wi-fi - and it is not expensive. Bookings accepted and good English spoken.

If you go there drive south to the French border and see the radio tower of the former Radio Luxembourg - it is huge. If you have the urge you can drive right up to it! Also consider going north to Diekirch and Vianden, and if you go to the latter take the cable car ride up to the renovated castle - the view is spectacular.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Another alternative is to drive from Hook through Belgium into Germany, down to Bitburg, through the pretty area of the Ifel, then turn West to Luxemburg going in at Vianden. We always stop at a site Prumtal Camping and 5 star ACSI site in a village named Oberweis on the road between Bitburg and Vianden. Vianden is 20 minutes down the road from Prumtal so is a good place to stay you can do Luxemburg, Trier and Bernkastel on the Mosel easily from here. You can see more about this on my website as the link in my signature below. On travelling to Luxemburg 3 different ways I think this is the prettiest and the most direct route for you from the Hook.
Oh nearly forgot to say Prumtal is on the River Prum and you can get a pitch right beside it to fish if you want to. Family run site with many awards with 5 star restaurant at 3 star prices, being very reasonable indeed.

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
We stayed at Bon Accueil in the village of Alzingen, just out side of Luxembourg city.
The site is municipal and the council gardeners come in & manicure the pitches & gardens every day.
Using ACSI last year we paid E13 per night (normally E16) including EHU. The toilet / shower block is one of the best we have used in 25 years of caravanning.
There is a local bus service into the city costing E1.50 return

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some years ago stayed at Camping Grit a few km. north of luxembourg city. Clean riverside pitches - not sure if you can fish in it but it looked clean and fast flowing. Used to be in CC book - may still be but I don't have that volume at present.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help, think it's going to be du moulin or un gritt, looks as if they are almost next to each other.

Next problem looking for somewhere in Holland on our way down from Hook of Holland !!!

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We stopped in Holland last year at Camping Warnsborn near to Arnhem which was excellent for more detials look on my website in Trip No. 7 2010 towards the end details of site are there. There are some ACSI CC good sites around Maastrict too as I have been looking to stay there on our way home in June.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I don’t think this advertiser has grasped the concept of a caravan holiday. I usually take my own car, much easier than flying my caravan to Luxembourg airport.
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts