M6 Toll Rip off

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
If anyone is thinking of using the M6 Toll road when towing, be prepared to be ripped off. Joining from the M42 and traveling no more than 8 miles to exit for Litchfield, I was charged the exorbitant sum of £6.00. Incidently this is the same ammount charged to HGV's, who due to lack of support from Hauliers are now offered a discount.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark, I dont condone the rates on the M6 toll, but they are cleraly marked before you join, So make you choice and be prepared to pay. Incidentally, it is the same rate even if you only travel one junction or the whole length!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark, I dont condone the rates on the M6 toll, but they are cleraly marked before you join, So make you choice and be prepared to pay. Incidentally, it is the same rate even if you only travel one junction or the whole length!
Yes you're right to say that charges for different classes of vehicles are displayed before joining the M6 toll, except for the vague statement "trailers extra"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If everyone stopped using the toll road then, eventually, it would either close or become free. There are alternative free routes around the M6 bottlenecks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well I think its great. I have used it several times for the full length including a couple of times with the caravan.

The last time I used it was driving north, solo, at about 10.30 pm on a Monday night and was glad to get away from the lorries. Went through at a steady ** mph and only saw 3 other vehicles going our way. It was a pleasure to drive it and well worth the

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark.

I stand corrected. I have this eveneing passeds an M6 Toll road price board, and I fully agree thier statement of "Trailers Extra" is inadequate. They should post thier charges clearly marked so prospective users are fully aware of the cost.

I will be contacting them to highlight this.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have used the M6 toll which is only there because it was built with private funds and so the investors expect a return on the considerable outlay.

You have the choice of not using it or paying your money and avoiding sitting for considerable time on the M6 in traffic jams

We listen to radio traffic reports and Traffic Master and decide which route to take.Well we did but now that we have our pass (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree it's a total rip off.

The Dartford bridge at night claims to be a pound for anything crossing including lorries (towing trailers) which are charged just a pound too.

Caravan is class as a 2nd vehicle and pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't have to use the M6 toll road, you pay your money and have an easy 20 odd mile drive, or you pay nothing and put up with the traffic. With the Dartford crossing you have no real alternative.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I paid a toll near Harlech two or three years ago, 10p, it was pouring with rain and I remember think at the time I wouldn't hang around collecting 10p a time, bargain

TRENDING THREADS