Makes one wonder.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
We've been out looking at caravans at a few dealers.

(Not for us)

Our Battery needed replacing and I wanted new towing mirrors and a few other bits and bobs. Checked out Towsure and a few other net discount prices and found everything I needed cheaper in the dealers.

PC's Twitter site had a tweet about Bailey's new and used being in short supply due to sales boom. Well that's news to us as we had no problems finding new off the shelf Bailey deals and good used vans from Bailey's and plenty of other brands new and used.

We looked at a new Senator, the dealer told of an upcoming 2 year old Senator of the same model that is coming in for exchange for a 2009 model. New 2009 model deal at around £16000 (they are prepared to do a deal) We asked the price on the exchange model, turns out to be a 2006 model but sold in 2007. The dealer looked up the details and we could see the exchange price for the van he assures us is like new but he has not inspected it! Purchase price £12000, trade in price £7450.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Prices for used caravans in the dealers, would suggest that 12k was a serious asking price. And no doubt they would come down in price.

They were offering to service the van within 48 hours when their regular customer came in with it to collect the new Senator. If my friends had been seriously interested, a two day turn around and over 4k profit.

The new Sentator has ATC and other features. I didn't think we looked like mugs but thought the deealer was trying it on

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts