Many years old since I was called newbie!

Feb 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi, all
After many, many years of running tourers, I saw this site, and it appears to tick more boxes than I thought. The range of topics is so wide-ranging it is staggering.
I started off with a SunnCamp trailer tent, after my nearest and dearest decided that sleeping on the floor was now a No-No. We then progressed to a Conway folding camper, which was a revelation. Soon upgraded to another Conway with a higher spec. Absolutely delightful machines, with many happy holidays.
With age, though, the need to dry out the canvas when returning home after a wet holiday became a chore. So we bought a Bailey Pageant. Had it for years, but it was so old we could not get spares. So we then had a couple of new Swifts, both of which leaked badly at the front end. Finally had a new (2019) Bailey Pageant Cadiz, which we found to be faultless.
Until illness made us sell it! In spite of a <.5% damp report from our service company, we were devastated to find rotten floors all along the rear. Who can you trust, eh?
After trying a Cottage Holiday, we have returned to caravanning, with a superb Adria Adora.
Hoping to hear and give answers to problems.

Regards, Pete

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some interesting experiences, and welcome. Adria consistently seem to be “ ok” caravans. Good luck with your new ventures.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pete welcome to the forum any questions you will receive a answer they are great bunch on here enjoy

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi Peter. And welcome.

In contrast, my last van at 7 years old, had 50% ish readings in the floor. Spread over wide areas. But no rot or smell, everything was solid. The new owners are still enjoying using it.

Makes no sense.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Keep posting; you have a wealth of experience that will help others.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Peter.
Great intro story.
We started with a NR Nimrod folding trailer tent ..Never looked back. Enjoy all the posts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts