Marine batteries

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm looking for a replacement leisure battery (110A) and my local shop has some marine batteries in at a reasonable price. The shop owner assures me they are exactly the same as a leisure battery but my understanding is that they are a hybrid - having to start the boat engine as well as run the 12v.

Can anyone please advise me if there would any problems using a marine battery?

(I have a mover fitted to the van so part of me thinks a marine battery might be suitable)

Thanks

Catcher

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Catcher....I cannot give you a definate technical answer if it would be suitable. You are right to question it though!

I have a 110 leisure battery, bought from my local dealer, at a cost of

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The makers of the Elecsol claim that their battery will carry out start and deep cycling functions..... and it works very successfully in caravans.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Marine batteries are indeed a hybrid - in between car starter battery and true traction battery.

As "leisure battery" isn't a defined type their specification will vary tremendously - they certainly aren't traction batteries.

Marine batteries also have non-spill features which leisure batteries don't need.

For any given Ah rating, I'd expect a marine battery to be better built, last longer but cost more.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. When I double checked, the marine batteries at the local shop were just too long to fit in the battery box anyway - I'll keep looking!

Regards

Catcher

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts