Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
can anyone help, we have a abbey vogue 2 van and we have the blue bottle gas we have been away this weekend and tried to run the heating on gas it was great for about an hour then it seemed to be not working, when I checked the gas hop the pressure was really low, but we have just got a new bottle,

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
You have butane gas (blue) it will be freezing up, change to propane (red) it freezes at a much lower temp. I never have any probs with propane. And you can use it all year round.

Dougie..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

in really cold weather,butane does not gasify,it stays in a liquid state,its a must to use propane in cold weather,other more technically minded people will tell you the temp figures for butane and propane,when to use and when not.its probably just that

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I suspect the problem you are having is due to cold weather.

The blue butane cylinders suffer in cold weather because butane does not turn from a liquid to a gas at close to zero deg. celcius. For winter caravanning you should use the red propane cylinders. To do this you will need a different connector and depending on the age of your caravan and regulator set up, possibly a different regulator as well.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I suspect the problem you are having is due to cold weather.

The blue butane cylinders suffer in cold weather because butane does not turn from a liquid to a gas at close to zero deg. celcius. For winter caravanning you should use the red propane cylinders. To do this you will need a different connector and depending on the age of your caravan and regulator set up, possibly a different regulator as well.
our caravan is 2008 so will we just need a new conector to change to propane gas

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
our caravan is 2008 so will we just need a new conector to change to propane gas
Hi Maureen.

Yes, you should just need a new connector to go from the propane bottle to the regulator. If you bought the caravan new and it is a Swift, then the propane connetor (pigtail is the technical term) was probably supplied along with the butane one. It was on both our Ace vans from 2006 and 2009.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Maureen my dealer changed mine, also you will need different regualtor l think mine was about 18 quid or maybe bit more can't quite remember.

NigelH

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Re regulator, it depends on the age of the van. Post 2004 its the same regulator propane or butane and its fixed to the bulkhead. May need different tails or adapters for different bottles though but the dealer should be able to sort that out. We use BP lite (same issue on noseweight)and get it from Homebase or our local plant hire shop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts