Mazda 6 diesel

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Last month I asked about a new towcar after my Ford Focus let me down again. After your wonderful replies, I thought I'd go for the X-Trail, but it would cost me £40 a month extra in diesel EVERY month and that money would be better spent on a holiday!!

So, I'm off to look at an 05-plate Mazda 6 136bhp diesel estate tomorrow. Any comments on the car would be greatfully received...

(It's either that or the Mondeo 130bhp diesel estate - and I'm wary of having another Ford diesel!)

Thanks

S

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
So you are wary of Ford? And you would like a Mazda 6?

Then don't type "Mazda Ford partnership" into Google, nor "EUCD common vehicle platform"

Although they share the same platform, as will the upcoming Mazda 6 with the new Ford Mondeo - both are good cars - and you're unlikely to have the same problem repeat itself.

Robert

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I have towed a lightish caravan with my 6 and it was great, hardly knew it was there. About to take delivery of a 90% weight van and expect it to be also OK. Stacks of power.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow with a Freelander TD4 and our friends with a Mazda 6 TS2 diesel Estate, when I change it will definately be on my shortlist after trying it out it was excellent with a Bailey in tow,another I can recommend is a Volvo V50 D5 diesel which we borrowed last year to tow our van when our Freelander went down with a clutch problem. Darryl.

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I am now on my third Mondeo the latest one I have put 40000 miles on in two years and to date I have only paid for service cost and tyres, the previous ones had in excess of 90000 miles and have only again paid for service and tyres. There have been no extras on the service costs other than light bulbs and they have never let me down, the previous two were 2.0 Litre 130BHP and the latest is a 2.2Litre 154BHP

I would add that all were serviced religously in accordance with the Ford schedule

Hope this helps - ALB

In my experience I can only praise the mondeo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have owned a Mazda 6 diesel (136) sport, 5 dr for approx 2.5 years and I tow a Compass Rallye GTE 5.0, which is 1340Kgs (88% match) and am very pleased with it. It tows really well, is nice & stable and seems to have loads of pull. It gives around 44mpg solo & 30mpg towing. Last 2 summers I travelled from North East England to Devon and both times the journeys were fine, even up 'Telegraph Hill'!

Also have just had the car serviced and the mechanic commented on how 'torquey' the car was, especially in the mid-range.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts