MCB Tripping

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Gordon,

Does it always happen with the same appliance, or can it happen with several different appliances.

If it is just one appliance every time, then I would suspect the appliance is faulty,

But if it can happen with any appliance, then it throws suspicion on the MCB its self, or possibly the caravan wiring.

Please remember that mains power can be lethal so for your safety and insurance, the fault must be repaired by a comment person working to the current wiring regs.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Gordon,

If your MCB is a 10 Amp trip - that's 2350 watts - so if you have something (maybe a kettle) rated at between 1500 and 2000 watts that will be a good stress test for the MCB.

Other than that, there is no easy way for a DIYer to check a faulty MCB, however a common MCB fault mode is for the MCB to start tripping on low currents.

It's probably worth changing the MCB.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote "there is no easy way for a DIYer to check a faulty MCB"

Normally I would agree but it's a Bailey MCB!, I have found if faulty these MCB's will trip with the lightest tap of a small screwdriver handle!!

As far as I know replacements are only available through Bailey dealers

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
we had the same thing happen on our senator Indiana ,the hook up box kept tripping also ,so i phoned the dealer up ,and he told me to unplug the microwave ,allthough the microwave wasnt working there was an internal fault on the microwave which was causing everything to trip ,once i pulled the plug out every thing was fine , so after we got home had a new microwave fitted and its been fine since

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts