Melamine Dinner set - best place to buy from

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
OK im getting my ears bents from my neighbour and other half about melamine dinner set. Been looking in all the local shop not in stock till end of March

We have ebayed it but not the right price or postage is too much ... so im chucking in the towel and asking the world

Where is the best place to get a melamine set of 32 pieces plus

help help help my ears are bleeding

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I got mine from towsure,pretty reasonable & loads of designs,I just wanted simple plates & bowls,once the wife saw you could have designs she was like a kid in a sweet shop :)

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Paul, I have just disposed of most of my melamine stuff,I only held onto some covered dishes and tumblers.Tea is best out of a proper cup and you cant heat up a melamine plate.If you have a family it is probably best to have melamine as it is less fragile. Have you tried Amazon? I saw some nice sets on there last year.Try googling MELAMINE SALE.Some of the big online caravan/camping shops have good sales too.I hope you soon find just what you want.If is to be found someone on here will tell you.

Thursdays Child

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I chucked most of our's out too, dinner off a proper plate, and a propper cup for the tea, just wrap them up & they will be ok...any way link to melamine tableware

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Proper plates, dishes and mugs for us, too. We got some reasonable lightweight plates and dishes from Netto a few years ago for

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used to use melamine but after a while, the plates get really scratched and the cups get stained with tea and coffee. So its all gone.

As the others have said, get proper crockery.

Lisa

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We hate melamine too. We've always used Arcopal - the decorative glassware stuff. It feel like china (mostly) but weighs less. Bought a boxed set in a French supermarket years ago for next to nothing!

Jo

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
my first full set I got for a tenner at towsure,some can go silly money,but they are worth having,would not entertain normal dishes,to many potholes & speed bumps were I live,every trip would be like a greek night out in my van with all the smashed dishes if I never had melamine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts