Merc C270 CDI

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone experience towing a 1300 kg van with a Mercedes C270 CDI Auto in terms of pulling power and mainting top gear ie not dropping down on inclines? My current car, an auto 2.5 petrol, insist on dropping down a cog at all but the slightest inclines

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I can't comment on the C270 CDI from experience although I would expect it would make light work of a 1300 kg van. But what's wrong with the automatic 'dropping a cog' on an incline anyway? Mine often 'drops 2 cogs' on steeper sections of motorway when towing, but what the hell, it's only for a relatively short while.

Hi just wondering how you got on with the reply, i have got a Merc c240 sport and i was wondering how the gear box would cope toeing a caravan, just wondering how you got on with your's.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow our Bailey Senator Oklahoma with an ML270CDI and it is effortless. It has the auto box fitted and, as a previous post suggested, what is wrong with it changing down if necessary? I confirmed with M-B that no additional oil cooler was required for the gearbox. Since buying the vehicle in Sept 03, I have averaged 25mpg including all towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow our 1400kg van with an automatic E320cdi. Allowing for the extra size of the van and car I think you'll have no problem. My Merc will crusie all day in 5th.I used to experience the same as you in my last BMW. High revs in 4th or struggling in 5th. Annoying....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just bought a C270CDi estate (2005 model year) with tiptronic + sport pack!. I took my Elddis Avante 505 for it's service last weekend and laughed to myself as I left all other cars on the road behind! I'm certainly impressed with difference between this and my previous car (2002 Passat TDi), which was also very good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts