Mercedes E320 CDi

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
HI my brother has a 2001 E320Cdi estate and would like a four berth caravan for around £5000 can anyone suggest a van that would be suitable for this car. Also does anyone have experience of them as a towcar. Thanks

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Experience of an E320 CDI - yes, but the new V6 CDI rather than the first generation straight six - but even so the 190bhp and substantial torque is sufficient for most caravans.

Your brother should be able to find the two key figures of maximum braked trailer weight - which should be around 1900kg, and perhaps more importantly the car kerb-weight - which when multiplied by 85% should give you a recommended newbie towing limit of around 1500kg

If the car has accumulated more than 100,000 miles, I'd suggest having the suspension checked for worn bushes - the sort of wear and tear you'd expect with a mid-mileage MB

Robert

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
I have got a 03 E320cdi estate auto-it has loads of torque and drives like a dream,beware though,my car is currently sitting in my garage,when towing our twin axle on the motorway gearbox overheats as soon as we pull off the temp drops,all MB will do is keep on saying that it needs a auxillary oil cooler fittng to stop this happening,they wont even let me book it in to invetsigate.I am in the process of returning this car to the suppling dealer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts