mercedes viano

G

My son in-law is on his 3rd Viano. He has the extra long wheel base model. The first Viano he had was the 2.2 CDI Auto and that towed his Senator T/A fine with six people in it.

They have self levelling air suspension that is really great and the tip style auto on his latest 3litre CDI is really good. His car has the Mercedes approved Brabus diesel tuning box that is an option for 3 litre CDI engines(130mph). I believe a version for the 2.2 CDI is available if you feel you need a bit of extra towing power but the Mercedes Common Rail diesels have good torque levels.

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
We had a viano ,which we brought to replace a v220,biggest mistake I ever made,I had it 12 months ,it was in the dealer 8 times and off the road for 6 weeks ,it would not drive in a straight line and every time i took it in for warranty repairs i had to argue that it was under warranty,All of this i would put down to a poor dealer network,

All the troubles aside when it running well it was probably the best tow vehicle i have used,towed twin axle like a dream,it made along combination ,but you soon get used to that.We averaged approx 28mpg solo,down to 23 towing

Apr 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks euro and gary for your replies we tow with a land cruiser amazon at the moment, decided to try and get something more economical to tow our senator with.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts