Mi-fi Europe

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello
As we are long term touring am looking at several option for wi-fi around Europe it has been recommended I buy a pay as you go 3 10gb for £15.00 a month any with any experience or advice on setting up own wi-fi greatly appreciated

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Cant help with mi-fi Europe, but I use EE mobile internet. Small box that can be USB connected or Mi-Fi. With USB laptop will charge the onboard batteries in the box. It works on 4G, 3G and normal signal from Orange depending were you are in this country for coverage.

Hope this may help you to choose.

Trevor

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
We use a MiFi abroad ,ours is unlocked and we buy a sim card abroad,Aldi are usually good.We are thinking of using 3 next year though as the phone calls back to UK are included.Whatever provider you use you will need to know the APN settings,if you know you will use 3 Network their customer service will guide you through it but its quite simple once you have the info.

Aug 17, 2008
Visit site
Haven't tried mine in Europe yet but have recently bought a Huawei 5330 for £23 from Ebay, unlocked to any network. Tried it so far on both 3 and EE and it works fine for email and browsing. You can get a PAYG SIM from EE with 6GB data for around £15. Only kicks into life when activated and then lasts for 90 days or it runs out of data!
USB charges the battery and you can have up to 9 wifi devices connected. Seemed to me to be cheaper than on site Wifi.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Mine is a Huawei 5332 with an antennae aerial which I've been using for the past few months when I've been touring. I use an EE sim card which I've bought on ebay for around a fiver. It's loaded with 2Gb of data and expires after a month. Some sites I've been on where it's worked very well whilst others have been useless. I understand the sim won't work abroad so I'll be interested in any information coming through this topic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts