Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with mice? I have just bought a trophy olympic gold which had been stored on a farm for a year and although I havent seen any mice there is evidence of where they have been. I am new to caravaning and am a bit concerned that mice can get in. Has anyone any remedies? I have heard that moth balls repel mice, but I dont know.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a major problem with mice in a new Swift Corniche in 1998. It turned out the little brutes were getting into the front locker via the gas bottle vents (and a convenient weed) then into the caravan via a bulkhead hole for the wiring. (This was 1 inch diameter for a pair of thin wires!) You need to examine every point of entry under the floor and block them off with steel mesh and/or silicone sealant. Remember, mice can extrude themselves to the diameter of a pencil!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We too had a similar problem with a new van resulting in extensive damage to the upholstery. Manufacturers do not appear to mouse-proof their vans. After you have sealed all the holes you can find, it's also a good idea to set a few traps inside the van until you are fully confident that there is nowhere for them to get in. At least then you will probably kill them before they do any damage!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I store my van for the winter at a farm and have been visited by mice for the last couple of years. Last year they damaged the upholstery. I read somewhere that moth balls are the answer and intend trying them this year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your responses. I have just read that Bounce fabric softeners repel mice I dont know how true that is. I have no mice now, but i am worried about sleeping in the caravan, and the thoughts of a mouse getting in is really pitting me off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts