MicroFibre Soft Cloths Query.

Jul 29, 2022
Visit site
I bought a pack of these but it doesnt say on the back if they're ok for polishing out scratches on our caravan acrylic windows. The instructions on the bottle of Windowize we have says to use a soft cotton cloth, doesnt mention microfibre type. The chap working in the caravan shop says should be ok to use microfibre just be careful not to get any grit in them..ie don't drop them on the ground.
Any thoughts please? Thank you.
Kind regards. ST.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We use Vuplex and microfibre cloths to remove light scratches from our windows. For deeper scratches I have used Brasso pads with great success. Never seen the need to use soft cotton, but if it is a requirement for Windowize ro work properly then I guess that is probably what you need to use?

Reactions: Slowtow
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Just be aware that you should never use fabri conditioner when washing microfibre cloths (or when washing towels) It adds something to the fibre surfaces that ruin their properties. The information re towels came from a housekeeping manager in a high end hotel, so I reckon they know what theyare talking about. In addition put towels into a tumble dryer for 10 minutes once they are dry, it "fluffs" the fibres up!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just be aware that you should never use fabri conditioner when washing microfibre cloths (or when washing towels) It adds something to the fibre surfaces that ruin their properties. The information re towels came from a housekeeping manager in a high end hotel, so I reckon they know what theyare talking about. In addition put towels into a tumble dryer for 10 minutes once they are dry, it "fluffs" the fibres up!
Thats not a very eco friendly suggestion :eek: or is the tumble dryer just set to rotate with no heat.

Reactions: Slowtow
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I've used J cloths, old shirts etc when wanting to polish out scratches on cars, headlights and caravan windows. They are probably not cotton, bit having flat surface the "stuff" comes into contact with the scratched surface, whereas microfibre doesn't have that degree of contact and will allow the "stuff" to move away from the surface being treated. Well it works for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts