migrant trouble on approach to dunkirk

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi All
I posted a question a few months back regarding trouble on approach to Dunkirk ferry terminal, I had a few positive replies but would like to know any ones recent experience coming back, as the French appear to be moving the Calais migrants on and fear that Dunkirk will become more troublesome in future.
regards

Karen revell

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
DFDS have now opened their new terminal at Dunkerque complete with much increased security.
More staff, customs officers and police together with more secure fencing and gates.
Travelled back to Dover yesterday with car and caravan which were thoroughly searched as where the solo cars that I observed.

What I did not see is any so called migrants.......another day might be different of course!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are going over through Dunkirk next Thursday and back in three weeks time via Dunkirk, I will put a posting on then. The roads to the new terminal are quite a good, and the area is nice and secure, if we are early we tend to stop over in the supermarches car parks, for an hour or so.
Welcome back Gafferbill.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gafferbill, where did you stay for your last night,I normaly use fontain les clercs in Montereuil,
Hutch.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Travelled through this morning, from Dover to Calais, on the 02:40 ferry, coming off the ferry, the fencing along the road was amazing Outer fench probably 10 feet high with razor wire then a second fence next to the road about 8 feet high with razor wire, all the way to the main highway. So very safe. About 15 police cars visable.
Having a beer in Switzerland now. Unfortunatly no caravan, but visiting friends,

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Gafferbill, where did you stay for your last night,I normaly use fontain les clercs in Montereuil,
Hutch.

Sorry only just seen your post :huh:

There in lies a tale.......... we had a long day starting at Poitiers at 10.00 to catch midnight ferry at Dunkerque.......then a 2 hour drive to home (I can park my outfit outside my house which is in a Close)

I do normally use Fontaine des Clercs when arriving in France due to ferry arrival time.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, The dogs have been to the vet yesterday for worming, then a quick drive ( 1 hour) up to Konstance for lunch, and back down to south of Zurich,
All the caravan sites I have seen here in Switzerland have started to fill up after easter. What a change in weather, 4 days ago 1300 meters up in snow, now its 22c. Off to the pub for the good ladys birthday, today. Ferry home tomorrow night 10.00 pm. Through Dunkirk, I will post to let anyone interested if we see any problems at the port.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Hutch.

Le Manoir de Senlecques just inland of Boulogne. CL type site with reasonable facilities, unlimited electrickery (10A min Schuko), free wi-fi (limited coverage,) run by a very nice couple who speak passable English (as do their children) and a very quiet site about five miles off the A18. Takes about 35 mins to Calais and a little under an hour to Dunkerque. Large Auchan retail park about 10 mins drive for last minute bargaisn and filling up at French fuel prices. Call Isabelle on her mobile to make sure there is space - number (starts 06) on their web site.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Came back from Dunkirk last night, 10.00pm ferry. Not a sign of trouble anywhere. Came up the A26 from Reims to Calais due to traffic problems in Lille, nothing to mention anywhere. New terminal at Dunkirk, still nothing to write home about, only a couple of vending machines, bring sandwiches if your hungry.
Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts