Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Thinking of buying a little oven to go out in the awning of our caravan. Found a nice cookworks 25L oven in argos, was wondering if this would be ok and not to high a wattage?? has anyone got this oven? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4230302/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLE+TOP+OVEN.htm

Many Thanks

Holly

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Holly

We have one of the same, it's a great little oven,lightweight,it even fits under the seating in our van.It does take quite a bit of wattage.We can have a kettle,(low watts),and the water heater on at same time.You may like to have a look in Lidel they have one similar and much cheaper.

Pat

G

Just a daft question. But why do you want one when you already have an oven in the van, I assume? However, you, of course may be like me and have a EU van where ovens are not fitted. Great, no rattles and no rust. Plus extra storage space.

Answers could be that you can use the site electricity and not your own gas. Also it could be used for small heat up jobs but depending on the type of oven, and wattage, then sometimes the cooking ability is a bit optimistic on some models. They tend to localise the heat so you get hot and cooler bits. There is no fan as far as I am aware.

We have indeed looked at them as we do not have an oven, but the cons are the extra weight, even though it is only a few kilos. The extra space it will occupy and what would we actually use it for? If I wish roast chicken I buy a rotisserie one from a supermarket and I doubt if I would ever cook a joint of meat in the van. I am trying to eat more healthily so pies etc are not on the menu. We did have a microwave for a while which was quite handy for take away meals etc, but after using it only about 3 times in a season, we decided it was not worth the bother. It is now in its box in the attic.

I sometimes feel that they are a bit like many gadgets I con myself into buying at Shows. They look good and I see a use for them, but actuality proves otherwise. If you are a great rallyer in coler weather and feel that oven meals are your wish, then have a look, but again if you already have one with the van, why bother?

May 22, 2006
Visit site
I like the look of the one at Aldi. We bought the one from Lidl last year, it`s bigger, has a 60 minute timer, choice of either element or both, and the choice of using the fan, although it was dearer. If we did not have this one we would have no hesitation on buying the Aldi one

May 15, 2007
Visit site
I got one of these ages ago, they are ok for warming things up and cooking some things . The thing you have to watch for is they have a timer which only runs for 20 on some and 30 minson others and if you forget it just turns off

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts