minimum 2 night stay

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
Last week we tried to book a site at Moffat for a Saturday night. Unfortunately we were informed that we had to book a minimum of 2 nights on a Friday or Saturday.

As we stay in the East coast of Scotland & were heading for the Lake District, wanting to get there as quickly as possible, it did not seem practical to waste two nights stuck in transit.

We will now travel down over the Saturday. The site instead of getting one nights booking - now has no booking. I think its wrong to stipulate how many nights you can stay & I will always look for a site that does not dictate to its customers. We are members of the Camping & Caravaning Club - could they not make exception for their own members.

Thanks Practical Caravan for a great read.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alan.

Yes i totaly agree with your comments. We stay at the ravenglass site quite often , and they accept one night stops so why can't they all ? Ravenglass by the way is a very good site, just in case you not been i recommend it . And as for Moffat i know for a fact they were not busy , there were plenty of pitches.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
i can understand not renting a pitch out for one night if you think you can rent it out for two to someone else. it makes sense.

but if the sites quiet its a gamble. a bird in the hands worth two in the bush as they say.

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alan.

Yes i totaly agree with your comments. We stay at the ravenglass site quite often , and they accept one night stops so why can't they all ? Ravenglass by the way is a very good site, just in case you not been i recommend it . And as for Moffat i know for a fact they were not busy , there were plenty of pitches.
Thanks for the info Dougie & glad you agree.

Alan

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
i can understand not renting a pitch out for one night if you think you can rent it out for two to someone else. it makes sense.

but if the sites quiet its a gamble. a bird in the hands worth two in the bush as they say.
i take your point but could each site not lay aside a small area for just this sort of thing? I'm sure they all have a wee bit of ground that could be used for the purpose - it wouldn't have to be pancy as you are only passing through 7 would probably be leaving early in the morning.

Alan

TRENDING THREADS