Mirrors

Jul 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi , Just looking at forum about Milenco mirrors, I have a pair of these mirrors or I did have after about 3 miles the off side mirror flew off, I had checked that it was tight before leaving home has any one else lost one ?any reasons why it should have happened.

Alan

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Some love the mirrors. The ones with the two clamps and tubular arm design look a recipe for damage to me.

I've heard of others losing them as well. Clamping to such a small area I would expect them to fall off.

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Alan,

If you are sure it was tight I would ask Milenco why/how it could come off - I have the Grand Aero version and they have always remained tight - one thought, on mine there is a rubber foot that is part of the clamp, as this appears detachable, is it possible that it was missing before you tightened up, if it was then you would have just a hard plastic clamp that might 'slip' against your door mirrors plastic?

I perhaps tighten mine up too much, I worry that I might crack my door mirror surround - but as the clamp spreads the load probably not and they remain steady at the legal maximum speed.

Jon

Jul 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jonathan Thanks for your reply I have just checked that the rubber feet are still in place and they are still there, it was worth a try thanks.

Alan

Jul 15, 2007
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies, will try the 1 I have left but will have to change the mirror to the other arm and use my old mirror on the near side and keep my fingers crossed and remember to make sure it is tight. thanks once again

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts