Mitsubishi outlander

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Called at my local Mitsubishi dealer to look to change the Shogun for another Shogun, saw the Outlander, anyone tow with the Outlander and whats it like, l have the Ace Firestar would be an 88% match l think.

NigelH

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Mitsubishi Outlander is also now being built as the Citroen C7 Crossover and Peugeot 4007 with the Mitsubishi version now getting the PSA diesel instead of the VAG diesel.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Roger, mate of mine had the crosser engine blew after 6000 miles, dosn't fill me with cofidence, had two Shoguns but might down size, are you saying the VAG under powered, l know they do the 2.2 PSA Outlander Diamond but not sure which is the best some 3 to 4K difference.

Thanks for the info.

NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
All, don't worry been to the Mitsubishi dealer, decided to stick with the Shogun,loads of reasons.

1 Living near the peak district, did you see the snow this year.

2 Didn't think the Outlander or any other SUV could handle that lot that was dished out.

3 My last Shogun done 106000 miles still going strong.

4 Her that as too be obeyed( Guessed have you buying it for the boss) thinks l will be safer all round with the gruff Chelsea tractor, no doubt their will be a few that disagree, best sticking with whats served me well, good old shoggy.

NigelH

NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
All, don't worry been to the Mitsubishi dealer, decided to stick with the Shogun,loads of reasons.

1 Living near the peak district, did you see the snow this year.

2 Didn't think the Outlander or any other SUV could handle that lot that was dished out.

3 My last Shogun done 106000 miles still going strong.

4 Her that as too be obeyed( Guessed have you buying it for the boss) thinks l will be safer all round with the gruff Chelsea tractor, no doubt their will be a few that disagree, best sticking with whats served me well, good old shoggy.

NigelH

NigelH

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Not sure about Shoguns being safe. The Police here in N.Ireland use them, and recently 4 policemen met a horrible death when they were hurrying to answer a 999 call, and the Shogun turned over and caught fire. They were all burned to death. The Police have now imposed a strict speed limit for their remaining Shoguns due to how unstable they are.

I used to drive one off road for work and I agree with the police, they have a very high centre of gravity and do have a tendency to want to topple over. I always grabbed a land rover if no one had beat me to them.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Robin,

The police shoguns are not armoured. They do have bullet proof glass. They do still have heavily armoured land rovers left over from the old RUC.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Depending on the degree of protection that the bullet-proof glass was supposed to provide, such glass can weigh an enormous amount and significantly raise the centre of gravity. If no other measured were taken, it's hardly surprising that they would be more susceptible to toppling over.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
From a security point of view, bullet-proof glass without armour in the doors, bulkheads and floor would be a bit pointless.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
My partner and I tow our Bailey Senator Indiana with a Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 Elegance and have no problem. The auto stabilising feels a bit weird a times but it works! We had ours chipped to increase the torque and it pulls with ease. Lovely car generally even when not towing and it copes with snow and ice exceptionally well. If you go for the 2.2 you'll pay more road tax as the emissions go up - same with the 4007. We wish the caravan was as good as the car as have had nothing but trouble with it, but thats another matter.......

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
William had two Shoguns present one for 9 years, previous one for four years, in all that time never once felt unsafe, maybe its the way l drive any 4x4 which are nor race machine's.

Deborah l loved the outlander but the wife who drive's the shogun most preferrs to stick with it, might have somthing to do with mare she ride's, plus the Outlander would be 88% against the shoguns 71% for the van we tow.

Nigel H

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts