Mitsubishi Pajeros

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

There is only ONE tow car - A Paj.

Cheap to buy - expensive to run - built like a tank.

Mind you, I am biased as I have owned four to date, and I do pity Lawn Mower ownwers (Land Rovers).

OK - not all at once,

Regards

Pete

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
yep cheap to buy coz the underbody rots like baby teeth from 5years on, hideously expensive to keep going in parts and built like a tank with most of the driver appeal of a tank.

i'm biased too, having looked over dozens of them before deciding to steer well clear & i don't own a landrover either.

(waits for return fire)

:)

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Had my last one for ten years never had spanner on it apart from its annual service, no body rot when l sold it for the new model 07 Shoggy, yes thirsty but thats what you pay for reliability.

Even better for parts now the laws changed, you can use any thats eeu marked and won't invoke the warranty.

This is my third, had disco for 6 months had to get rid always in the garage with some fault or other, after

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
NGH wrote :-

yep cheap to buy coz the under body rots like baby teeth from 5years on, hideously expensive to keep going in parts and built like a tank with most of the driver appeal of a tank.

I'm biased too, having looked over dozens of them before deciding to steer well clear & I don't own a land rover either.

(waits for return fire)

RETURN FIRE

No rust on the body - they are zinc dipped at manufacture, but the chassis will need a waxoyl occasionally because the Japanese don't salt their roads, except in the north island and very little when they do salt.

Spares might be expensive, but that's because they sell so small quantities because the Pajeros never NEED them, unlike Lawn Rovers.

As for the tank bit - better protection from all the planks and wide boys.

Which makes me think, you having had a look at them, that you don't regognise quality when you see it - anyway, I have owned three of them.

Before you ask, one I gave to my daughter and the other was an upgrade.

Completion of Broadside (15 inch guns )

Over

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got that one wrong. The above was for Mcghee, NOT NGH - Well, anyway NGH, I am glad that there is at least one person out there who is a Connoisseur. Good on yer

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Methinks there's lots of chest-beating going on here *smiley cheeky winking grinning smiley thing*

We've had 2 Shoguns, an Isuzu Trooper, a Disco, 2 Rangys....and we liked the Rangys the best, so there!! Hehehe (and they weren't particularly problematical - shock, horror!! lol).

And now we've just been and bought a diesel Scenic.....the Rangy's fuel consumption and the credit crunch having taken its toll. I mean, that nice Mr Cameron says we've got years of belt-tightening in front of us.....

And no, I'm not beating my (ample) chest/breast (oops, am I allowed to say that, Mr Parksy Sir?). LOL ;o)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You know what we say Peter - if it's muddy and it's moving it's a Paj. I'd imagine that as a Landy owner you'd be used to pushing it by now lol

I'm glad that you're not chest beating Sue, you'd never cope with the rebound :0)

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
You know what we say Peter - if it's muddy and it's moving it's a Paj. I'd imagine that as a Landy owner you'd be used to pushing it by now lol

I'm glad that you're not chest beating Sue, you'd never cope with the rebound :0)
Cheeky, Steve! ;o)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
When I got my Paj it was twelve years old and was in better condition than the 4 year old TD5 disco it replaced!! Kept it for three reliable and cheap years!! Especially compared to the TD5 repair bills. Looking at my second Rexton now, cheap and cheerful as well ok not the most refined 4x4 but the merc knowhow has been reliable and it tows the twin axle very nicely!!

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ah well - anyone out there that thinks that spares are expensive for Pajeros - think again - I want a rear O/S caliper for my fieldmaster - Mitsi quoted

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Methinks there's lots of chest-beating going on here *smiley cheeky winking grinning smiley thing*

We've had 2 Shoguns, an Isuzu Trooper, a Disco, 2 Rangys....and we liked the Rangys the best, so there!! Hehehe (and they weren't particularly problematical - shock, horror!! lol).

And now we've just been and bought a diesel Scenic.....the Rangy's fuel consumption and the credit crunch having taken its toll. I mean, that nice Mr Cameron says we've got years of belt-tightening in front of us.....

And no, I'm not beating my (ample) chest/breast (oops, am I allowed to say that, Mr Parksy Sir?). LOL ;o)
Sue - you traitor heh!

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Rebound ?? I have some shock absorbers lying around somewhere (Exit stage left - laughing)

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site

Hope they're heavy duty ones, Pete ;o)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have some leaf springs too. Maybe they might be better.

H'mmmmmmmmmmmmm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts