Mitsubishi withdrawing from UK & Europe

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mitsubishi Motors in the UK has written to its UK franchised retail partners to inform them of the Japanese car manufacturer's plan to exit the UK and European new car markets. https://www.am-online.com/news/manu...nexpected-market-withdrawal-plan-with-dealers

It's not clear what effect this will have on secondhand values of existing vehicle.
I noticed a long while back that Mitsubishi dealerships were disappearing in Wiltshire and near to Coventry/Leicester. The market for mainline 4x4 has changed and there are so many competitors out there which must make it difficult to sell an “ old school” 4x4. For those that do need such a vehicle the pickup has stolen the market. As for their cars they were good but a niche offering in a crowded market, although I did lust after an Evo...... dreams eh?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I noticed a long while back that Mitsubishi dealerships were disappearing in Wiltshire and near to Coventry/Leicester. The market for mainline 4x4 has changed and there are so many competitors out there which must make it difficult to sell an “ old school” 4x4. For those that do need such a vehicle the pickup has stolen the market. As for their cars they were good but a niche offering in a crowded market, although I did lust after an Evo...... dreams eh?
The Evo has an awesome reputation but the Lancer, which it's based on barely registered on sales charts.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife had her Mitsbushi car now for 9 years it passed every MOT since new when it starts going wrong we will look upgrade it then .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I saw this on line this morning and do wonder what the effect will be. They have a very low sales record here and are now part of a grouping of four led by Renault and are by far the smallest. I can only assume the sales levels do not make enough profit to make them viable and this has caused the decision to be made.
For the short term parts should not be a problem, but they could be a long term one, and second hand prices could also be hit.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I saw this on line this morning and do wonder what the effect will be. They have a very low sales record here and are now part of a grouping of four led by Renault and are by far the smallest. I can only assume the sales levels do not make enough profit to make them viable and this has caused the decision to be made.
For the short term parts should not be a problem, but they could be a long term one, and second hand prices could also be hit.

The Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi Alliance is realigning itself - the new strategy will see each alliance member taking the lead in specific geographies while the others follow. Nissan, for example, will lead the way in North America, the Middle East and key markets in Asia including China and Japan. Renault will take first position in Europe and South America, while Mitsubishi has been assigned parts of southeast Asian and Oceania.

Maybe the Sunderland factory will be reassigned to Renault?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In 2018 we bought a 2013 Shogun for its reliability record. First thing that went wrong as the aircon system and we had to wait 3 months for the repair. Normally not a big deal but it was very hot and we really missed the air con. What did come as a shock was the fuel consumption when towing. previously with our 3.0l Jeep we got about 22mpg, but with the Shogun this dropped down to under 17mpg so a heavy hit on a long trip. Also found it uncomfortable on long trips. Sold it at a loss of £3000 three months later an bought another Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So the question is do I get rid of my Shogun?
OR
Do I take the gamble and keep it........
Ive got myself a sought after classic motor!!
Worth a mint in a few years!!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a 1995 Pajero and it was a grey import. There’s a whole group of non franchise suppliers for parts etc. If it turns out like SAAB you will still get parts and they are not difficult to service. I would hang on to it.

Reactions: Gagakev and JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
So the question is do I get rid of my Shogun?
OR
Do I take the gamble and keep it........
Ive got myself a sought after classic motor!!
Worth a mint in a few years!!!
We had a 2013 Shogun for three months and a huge delay getting parts for the air con a know fault. Found it to be very heavy on fuel when towing i.e. 16mpg plus uncomfortable on long trips. Took a hit and traded it in for our current Jeep.
There is no denying that it is very reliable and probably a lot easier to repair than the Jeep. If you are happy with it and it is reliable, then why trade it in?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We had a 2013 Shogun for three months and a huge delay getting parts for the air con a know fault. Found it to be very heavy on fuel when towing i.e. 16mpg plus uncomfortable on long trips. Took a hit and traded it in for our current Jeep.
There is no denying that it is very reliable and probably a lot easier to repair than the Jeep. If you are happy with it and it is reliable, then why trade it in?
Hi Buckman, mines the 2010 model but still in good nick and has been reliable, goes through the mot's with no real probs.
I will be honest I dont do MPG's as we prob only do 3K to 4k miles a year and that includes towing, but haven't done a lot of that over the last 3 years what with starting a business, ill health last year and this year speaks for it's self.
One thing is for sure, we had the 3.0 litre petrol Sport before this one and this one cost way less in fuel to run.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts