Mk 1 Kia Sorento recall

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I had an email from my local Kia dealer yesterday asking me to contact them about a Kia safety recall which affects my car.
The Sorento is a 2009 2.5 crtd and the recall is to change a relay block.
It's good to know that Kia still looks after older vehicles, has any other Sorento owner had a recall notice?

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
If it is a safety issue and a reported fault via the DVLA no matter what the age of the car, Kia are duty bound to correct it but of course it might not be and may be simply as you say, Kia offering really good customer service-unlike VW with their ABS pump unit debacle-even though you could argue it was a safety item the DVLA didn't recognise it as a recallable fault-and so VW happily charged for new pump units-happily there are firms out there who can refurbish them at a far lower cost!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If it is a safety issue and a reported fault via the DVLA no matter what the age of the car, Kia are duty bound to correct it but of course it might not be and may be simply as you say, Kia offering really good customer service-unlike VW with their ABS pump unit debacle-even though you could argue it was a safety item the DVLA didn't recognise it as a recallable fault-and so VW happily charged for new pump units-happily there are firms out there who can refurbish them at a far lower cost!

It was the cost to fix the failure of my ABS unit on the Skoda that led me to part company with it after a string of other faults on the car. Only 40 k miles and a service record to be proud of 👎

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our first Kia a generation 1 Sorento was brilliant and apart from services cost nothing. So when our 12 year old Note was feeling it’s age we looked at its successor but Nissan’s small car reliability seemed to have dropped down the tables. My wife came back one day and said “ what’s a Rio like?” That afternoon we had bought one from our Kia dealership 10 minutes walk away. Must say very impressed with it and a worthy successor to the Note and 4.5 years warranty left too.

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My Sorento is a bit long in the tooth now, it's a 2009 model but it has a full service history and it pulls like a train.
I've considered upgrading to a newer model, but the old tug gives no trouble, it's very comfortable and Herself really likes the light grey leather interior, so I'll be keeping it for a while yet.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My Sorento is a bit long in the tooth now, it's a 2009 model but it has a full service history and it pulls like a train.
I've considered upgrading to a newer model, but the old tug gives no trouble, it's very comfortable and Herself really likes the light grey leather interior, so I'll be keeping it for a while yet.
Why not Parksy if anything working and it pulls well i would be keeping it a good while .

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
If I’d known about. Covid last December I’d still have my Sorie. Black, Titan, 2008 , 75k, I had her at 20 k. never failed and mega comfortable . I only changed her because after 15 years of Sories I just fancied a change😋😋

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
As I recall Kia were still carrying out fuel tank replacements and rear axle replacements under warranty on Series 1 Sorento up to a couple of years ago.
Wish I still had my 2014 KX2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts