Mondeo and Sprite Major 6

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi there. I'm new to all this but have done some reading around so know a bit about the 85% kerb weight recommendation in the UK. However, I'm interested in a Sprite Major 6 (MTPLM 1425kg) and this would be a 91% match for my Mondeo TDCi 130 estate. Is this really feasible for someone starting out? What does everyone think?

May 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rowan,

When I bought my first caravan 18 months ago it was 1419kg MTPLM and was a 93% match with the car. I didn't have any problems so there should be no reason why you shouldn't be fine.

They key things I check before towing are:-

1. caravan loaded sensibly

2. Check noseweight.

3. Check tyre pressures on both caravan and tow vehicle.

The other thing I can say is take it steady and don't rush when you tow. It quickly becomes familiar and you will soon gain in confidence.

Good luck.

Regards

Steve

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rowan,

When I bought my first caravan 18 months ago it was 1419kg MTPLM and was a 93% match with the car. I didn't have any problems so there should be no reason why you shouldn't be fine.

2. Check noseweight.

The other thing I can say is take it steady and don't rush when you tow. It quickly becomes familiar and you will soon gain in confidence.

Good luck.

Regards

Steve
Thanks Steve. In the end you can always load up to the 85% level - although it may mean leaving some stuff at home! In the end as long as outfit is legal (max train weight?) and care is taken I guess it's a serious consideration but not a show stopper.

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rowan,

2. Check noseweight.

Good luck.

Regards

Steve
Thanks Steve. In the end you can always load up to the 85% level - although it may mean leaving some stuff at home! In the end as long as outfit is legal (max train weight?) and care is taken I guess it's a serious consideration but not a show stopper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts