Mondeo Estate - Self levelling suspension

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thinking of buying an estate Mondeo. In LX guise it doesn't have this feature as standard but I could have it added as a factory fitted extra on ordering. Question - does it make much difference. We will occasionally have the awning in the boot together with the other usual stuff - so will the car sag a lot without it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's also possible to get Air Adjustable dampers from Monroe. These replace the existing rear dampers which can be kept and re-fitted when the car is sold. The basic version (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow a Sterling Eccles Jewel with a Mondeo TDCi LX estate (without the self levelling suspension) and have no problems. With the noseweight at 75kgs and the awning, poles, groundsheet and dog in the boot, the car sits fairly level, so the self levelling suspension isn't something I miss. The only thing to be aware of, is if you have a swan neck towbar fitted (I have a Bosal) be aware that they are different for cars with self levelling suspension. The difference is in the towball height, as the assumption is made that a car with self levelling will sit higher at the rear, so the towbar is made with the ball slightly lower to compensate. I was told this by th fitter you fitted my towbar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts