more newies!

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
hi,

we are thirty something married couple, no kids, just very pampered german shepherd. plan to buy our first caravan within the next month, enjoying searching for one at the moment, but becoming a bit confused with all the choice. We live in devon so have a great choice all around us of lovely places to "weekend", planning lots of trips enjoying the peace and relaxation (i hope !)...we used to camp a lot but always used to look enviably into the caravans thinking "wish we had one of those"!...so now decided to take the plunge.

any advice or tips on what to buy would be great.

we have been scouring the local dealers to get an idea of layout etc, but of course plan to try and get the van from a local private sale for a better price that includes all the extras.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Welcome wayne. You dont say if you intend buying new but from experience its best to buy second hand to start with. The choices of layout can be mind boggling and you will probably find after buying and living in your van you wished you had gone for a different layout. Also as I put in a recent post you will probably have slight accidents causing damage but you dont make the same mistakes twice. Its better if you go for a new van and the layout you would now prefer at a later date after gaining more experience.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Welcome wayne. You dont say if you intend buying new but from experience its best to buy second hand to start with. The choices of layout can be mind boggling and you will probably find after buying and living in your van you wished you had gone for a different layout. Also as I put in a recent post you will probably have slight accidents causing damage but you dont make the same mistakes twice. Its better if you go for a new van and the layout you would now prefer at a later date after gaining more experience.
oops just saw "try and get the van from a local private sale for a better price that includes all the extras".

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
we are buying used. loads of dealers down here devon/somerset area with a vast choice....

looking for a good quality/well made van...any ideas?!!

thanks for the advice!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wayne

Welcome to the Forum

I am the "official" head welcomer and door monitor, Lord B is supposed to stand in when I am away in the van, but he sometimes doesn't do a very good job as he's too busy with the milk maid!

I hope you manage to sort out a suitable van and maybe be able to join us in future events! (that's if Easter is not a complete disaster)!!!

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts