Motor Home Road Fund Tax

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know I will upset quite few of you but my wife and I are thinking of going back to a motor home and selling the caravan. How has the new tax bands affected the road tax on motor homes? Don't shout me down - I know there is a similar web page for Practical Motorohome but it is so slow and antiquated. I would like to inform you that I will still be following and contributing to this forum if you still want me after I have gone over to the other side.

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
I don't think it makes much difference being a motorhome, it all depends on engine size if petrol and c02 if its diesel, just make sure its not band G, thats the

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's it Colin, come back over to the dark side. Our numbers are growing despite the slow forum. We just invade the much nicer caravan forum instead.

Actually, I don't know what effect the new tax thefts are like for motorhomes. But would doubt that there is much change. As I understand it, commercial vehicles do not have to claim a CO2 figure for registration. Therefore, are all taxed at the same rate. Which means no ludicrous high banding.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol we went to Port Eynon today and took a picnic lunch. There were a few motorhomes there and they were dining in the vehicle. Last time we went there we had our motorhome and felt quite sick really as we were envious of those others today - were do we sign up for one? Any body want to take a 2007 model Ace Jubilee Envoy(fixed bed) with awning and all accessories in part exchange for a 4 berth motor home. New value for caravan and accessories was

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Colin,

Tried it, Motorhoming that is, for about three years and came back to vanning again as it suited our lifestyle better.

Reasons - lack of mobility when sited unless you take bikes or tow a small car, when you do leave the site you have the inevitable parking problem, when you leave the site there is always the worry that someone will nick your pitch and lastly it's a space issue i.e lack of it in a MH unless you get a massive one which only exagerates the already highlighted disadvantages.

What they excell at are day trips and long distance touring and we found them remarkably cheap to own. Insurance is much cheaper than for a caravan and depriciation is markedly better. I actually sold my last MH for more than I paid for it and that was to a dealer!

TRENDING THREADS