Motor mover/battery problems

We have had our caravan wiring and motor mover checked by Highbridge caravans, all working good when we collect it, then after driving back to storage unit for only 1hour 30 minutes we unhitch and motor mover won't work, battery is flat. Anyone got any ideas why?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Suggest you call Highbridge to see if it might have been something they may have done. They are a reputable dealer.

John

Reactions: ProfJohnL

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Have you successfully towed the caravan with the same car before having the motor mover fitted and without any problems?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have had our caravan wiring and motor mover checked by Highbridge caravans, all working good when we collect it, then after driving back to storage unit for only 1hour 30 minutes we unhitch and motor mover won't work, battery is flat. Anyone got any ideas why?
Hi Alicia Which caravan and Motor mover, also why did you take it to the dealers for a check, was the mover not working before. ?
Edit, sorry didn't notice the Lunar Clubman bit.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Three simple possibilities come to mind:-

The first is to check the movers isolator switch has been turned on.

The second is its possible that an electrical connection may have worked loose during the journey.

The third is to make sure the battery is fully charged.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Alicia Lunar Clubman and welcome to the forum what make is your motor mover ? and like what someone says ring Highbridge caravan dealer they might be able to suggest something .

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Alicia....

I see you've posted the same question underthe Brand Banter section. It's best not to duplicate questions as it may lead to confusion over the the replies you get.

Also there are some suggestions and questions here that you haven't replied to.

Not a big problem but something to be aware of for the future.

In respect of your specific problem. It's a known problem that some modern cars with smart alternators do not charge the caravan battery when towing and can even discharge them. I have exactly this problem with my Qashqai. Another side affect is that the fridge will not be powered when towing.

This is why I asked if you had ever successfully towed the caravan/car combination you are now seeing the problem with or is this a new car?

So what car do you have?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts