Motor mover cable

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You need 7mm/2 (seven mm squared).
Both cables need to be the same length so you will have a spare coil of the wire from one of the motors when finished.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
You need 7mm/2 (seven mm squared).
Both cables need to be the same length so you will have a spare coil of the wire from one of the motors when finished.
Hi,
What an odd size of cable - it's non standard.Find it difficult to understand why any manufacturer would select such a cable.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
This might sound silly but I have got loads of household wire could I use this ??
Hi Leemallin,
It depends on what cable you've got.On my previous post I said running current,of course I should have said motor rated current.(motor outputs are always more than the load they are driving.Running current will be the motor absorbed current- always less than motor rated current)You have to look up the current rating tables for the cable you are going to use taking into account any current derating factors(method of installation,ambient temperature etc.)
The final current rating of the cable (after derating) must be in excess of the motor rated current.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you open the link and click on Amp Rating it will give you a list of what is available and the cable size.
Look for 7mm and it is rated at 57A.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Will 7 mm square be adequate for other than the motor runs?

Without going to the van to check I think the battery feeds are larger and the positive has a 120 Amp fuse. This stuff was all in the kit sent, covering the makers scope of supply.

I also seem to recall when looking into selecting a MM, many years back, that various makes had somewhat differing maximum current draw rating, so brand/model might be important.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The battery feeds are bigger so no the motor cables will not be adequate to connect the battery to the control box.

From memory the battery cables should be 10mm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts