Motor movers

Dec 22, 2006
Visit site
Hello every one.
We have an Avondale Mayfly (1998) with a very early motor mover (one with a wire to the handset)
It has stopped working. I have checked the battery and all wires leading to the control box. No one seems to be able to help. All motor mover electricians say it is too old for them.The internet keeps trying to sell me a new one.
Is there anyone who can help.
Nedlog

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
What make is it?? If Powrtouch - look up their number on the internet and give them a call. They are friendly and may be able to help you. I had an old mover of their's on an Avondale Avocet of the same year as yours and the grit on the roller disintegrated. Powrtouch were able to provide modern versions of the rollers to self-fit and provided verbal instructions on how to do the job. Total job only took about 20 minutes.
Worth a try. :)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the mover is as old as the van then it most likely cannot be repaired with using the same controls.
If it has what is a standard wiring setup, ie the mover motor wires to the control box, a total of 4 wires, two to each motor, then it may be possible to change the control box for a modern version.
If you can post some pictures of your setup I will try and give you some alternatives.
Photos needed are the motor connections at the motors, and the control box if possible.

Dec 22, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for that. As we store the van about 15 miles away from home (and I have just been to the van to pick something up) it will be next week before I. Can get some photos. By the way it is a carver mover.
Once again thanks

Nedlog

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Tanks for the info.
On some carver movers there are 4 wires to each motor, main power cables plus two thinner wires.
If your mover has these extra wires it may be possible to get the control unit repaired by sending it away to Paul at Apuljack Engineering.
If your mover has only the power cables to the motors then you could change the control box to a more modern type with remote control, rather than a hard wired control .

Dec 22, 2006
Visit site
Well I've tried every thing with the mover and I think it's had it.
Is it possible to get a new / used remote control box and covert it?

Nedlog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts