motormovers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi to all; I;am thinking of getting a remote motormover for my van. What one do you all recomend . good points & bad . thanks for any advice you can give .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had a Powrtouch mover fitted to my (twin axle)'van. It has a 5 year warranty (at no extra cost)and has proved to be a wise but expensive investment. The mover has always done its job as desired but the wheels tend to slip a bit if turning on very soggy grass although I have learned to overcome this by "driving" in a straight line slightly with the mover.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Have a look through former postings for Powrtouch. You will see that it is considered the best on the market at present.

On a former van we had a truma fitted. It worked OK but the warranty only lasted for a year and certain parts aren't covered, namely the rollers.

When we bought our new van we had a powrtouch installed. It comes with a 5 year no quibble guarantee, which also covers the rollers! There is a whining noise when in use and we queried this with the manufacturer and was told: "This is your musical accompaniment!".

Powrtouch also come out to problems (not Truma!!!) and sort it on site (whether home or away).

Powrtouch are the most helpful company we have ever dealt with. Last weekend we returned home to find the isolation key had lost its metal connection pin. It wasn't a real problem as initially we were issued with two sets. We telephoned Powrtouch and in less than 24 hours we had two new replacements - free of charge.

Now that is what I call excellent service!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Swiftman,

I have just had the Powrtouch fitted and the whole ordering and fitting routine went very smoothly. I have tried the mover around the storage area and it works great, cant wait to use it for real now.

If you check a posting of mine called "Motor Mover 2" you could save yourself a lot of money.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
WE got a motormove. i wounld not be with out it.

THe only down side i can think of is it wase 35kg which you have to take of the wate that you whont to put in the caravan.

Mark

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hi,did not want powrtouch mover i wanted the reich mover.after waiting months for one i got the powrtouch mover,glad i did,its great.a bit slow but thats a good thing when you are moveing in at close quarters.good value for money.the only thing is on mine the man fitted the master switch inside the front bunk,this is a pain because i have to climb over the awning and poles to switch on and off.looking at the length of the switch itself i would think it designed to protrude through the floor.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi mr swiftman we have just had a powertouch fitted to our van i have only tryed it out around the storage site does everthing i expected the service was fitted by there own engineer he fitted the on/off key in the battery box alongside of the mains connection all the best peter

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi michael, if your powertouch fitter just left the isolator switch under a bedbox phone up powertouch and complain, (he's just been a lazy sod) ask for a different fitter to come out and fit the switch where it is supposed to go, which is in the battery box, below the 240v input socket.

The reason it is put there is so that u can leave your door open to get to the switch quickly if things go wrong.

It has been known on all of the makes for a relay to stick/freeze and u cant stop the van running away, if u cant switch it off.

You would have to jump in front of it to pull on the handbrake and then disengage the rollers from the wheels, then remove a battery connection.

U still will have to on a carver mind as they dont supply an isolator switch.

Also some times they need a reset which they can do automatically, if u remove them from the mains for a couple of mins.

I worked for powertouch as an area fitter for a couple of yrs so i do know.

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
I have had a Powrtouch mover fitted to my (twin axle)'van. It has a 5 year warranty (at no extra cost)and has proved to be a wise but expensive investment. The mover has always done its job as desired but the wheels tend to slip a bit if turning on very soggy grass although I have learned to overcome this by "driving" in a straight line slightly with the mover.
check that the gap between the rollers & wheels is 15 mm, by getting a piece of wood that thickness and put it between them.

It should be a snug fit.

Ordinary single axle gaps are 20mm and a fitter could get it wrong.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Swiftman, guess by now you know which is the best motormover on the market(powertouch)

The fitter should fit the isolator switch within the battery box , (as advised by Keith ex fitter).

Mine was fitted underneath the power input cable socket, so that you could not operate the mover with the mains cable fitted.

Another tip he gave me was to place the mover socket the one you operate the motor slide with inside the well driving seat of your car , so that you remember to disconnect the motors prior to moving off site.

A I have seen people trying to move offsite with the motors still fixed to the caravan tyres on many a occasion

Royston

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a powrtouch fitted to my van at the beginning of the season. It does everything claimed by the company

the kit arrived when they said it would, the fitter phoned and arranged a date to fit at my storage place he arrived on time and 2 hours later the van was being operated by me around the storage area. I have used it on hardstandings, grass, sloping ground with no problems warranty is for 5 yrs. and in these fast times thats a lifetime. cannot praise the mover enough.

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
1 thing i will add to the conversation is about twin wheelers.

The new Reich twin has 4 motors 2 in front & 2 behind the wheels.

As anyone with a twin mover will know, the turning circle on them is absolute rubbish, its a far cry from a single wheeler, possibly only a 6 degree turning circle, compared to 360 on a single.

The Reich is the only twin that i have seen that will really turn.

So if u are thinking of buying one for your twin see if u can get a look at one compared to the others.

At

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts