motorway service areas

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone done a survey of caravan friendly service areas ?

I always seem to find the least friendly, especially on the M4 & M5. Either a nightmare to get into or find or in amoungst lorries

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have you had a look on
http://www.shirker.co.uk/services/
smiley-wink.gif

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Sproket. I have taken a hard copy of the services on the M4,M5 &M6 to keep in the car
One omission on the A12 is the Boreham Interchange at Chelmsford. Although it does not have dedicated caravan parking here is a large area used by lorries, coaches and caravans.
The usual McDonalds is there as well as a garage and hotel

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Whilst the above site may be a handy tool it's not comprehensive enough. As an example at junc 7 of the M20 it suggests you drive past a Tesco petrol station (just off the main road) and continue another couple of miles to an Esso station (with a Tesco Express) where diesel is currently priced at 2p a litre more.
smiley-money-mouth.gif

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:

Without looking on the inside of the road atlas (all packed ready for the off tomorrow 5am) I must say one of the services listed from the M5 is not as straight forward as described when trying to get my outfit, may well be okay for a two berth behind a smallish car but not for a family sized outfit. If the thread is still running when we get back I'll update. We always keep a list in the car that says which ones were easy and which were not!!

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Always welcomes and feedback from other outfits - had a few viewer updates (even photos) and recommendations this year so comments are always welcome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts