Motorway Services

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
We are doing a trip from the North West to Devon next week, but a bit worried about where to park when we pull into Motorway services.We noticed when solo (without van) that there isn't parking sign posted for caravans. Do we follow the signs for HGV's and the spaces hopefully wil be there for Carvans.Have read in magazines that HGV's park in Caravan spaces and vice a versa....Don't want to start World War 3 !

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
hi denise

you dont say which services you will be pulling in to,strensham services on the m5 does have a separate caravan parking area and if on other services,carvan parking is not sign posted i would park in the hgv parking area

dont worry not all of us hgv drivers are anti caravan,in fact there are quite a few hgv drivers are caravaners too

hgv dave

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
hi denise

you dont say which services you will be pulling in to,strensham services on the m5 does have a separate caravan parking area and if on other services,carvan parking is not sign posted i would park in the hgv parking area

dont worry not all of us hgv drivers are anti caravan,in fact there are quite a few hgv drivers are caravaners too

hgv dave
Hi Dave,

Yes we will be using strensham services, but may stop earlier as my husband wants me to put my towing skills to use. But thank you for advising us to park in the HGV, glad to hear that some of them caravanners as well. You are polite when we need to pull in on motorways. Thank again

TRENDING THREADS