Motorway services

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Travelling south on the M5 between Weston Super Mare and Newton Abbot looking for a suitable services about half way. Taunton is probably between 25 & 26 and is probably too close? The new via Michelin app is totally useless. Any suggestions? Thanks

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Travelling south on the M5 between Weston Super Mare and Newton Abbot looking for a suitable services about half way. Taunton is probably between 25 & 26 and is probably too close? The new via Michelin app is totally useless. Any suggestions? Thanks
Cullompton Services isn't signed southbound but is accessible from Jct 28 - it's only a small services so may get busy - otherwise it's Exeter Services at Jct 30.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cullompton Services isn't signed southbound but is accessible from Jct 28 - it's only a small services so may get busy - otherwise it's Exeter Services at Jct 30.
I am sure that we have stopped there previously when going south, but website said it was only for northbound vehicles.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So you have a selection
Bridgewater
Taunton
Cullumpton
Exeter
Is it really necessary, Weston super Mare to N/Abbot 1hour 20mins
Or are you travelling further and down to Weston?
Where are you staying in N/Abbot, .....my drive is full sorry :LOL:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
So you have a selection
Bridgewater
Taunton
Cullumpton
Exeter
Is it really necessary, Weston super Mare to N/Abbot 1hour 20mins
Or are you travelling further and down to Weston?
Where are you staying in N/Abbot, .....my drive is full sorry :LOL:
Staying at Ross Park and although we paid for a Premier Pitch, they allocated us a very sloping "seasonal" pitch stuck away at the back of the park surrounded by trees with the main road to Totnes within 50 yards. Not sure how well we well sleep tonight! Not amused. :mad:

Due to the slope of the pitch forward to back and side to side, really struggled with the self levelling. Our two nearside wheels are right off the ground. No wonder no one wanted these seasonal pitches. Although water and waste connection probably no sun for most of the day.

We have stayed at Ross Park previously and had the Deluxe pitches which were very nice and in better locations. Decided to go a bit up market and this is what we get! :mad:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I will admit I've never been in there, I just looked on Google Maps and it warned me 🤔
When you go into the caravan area, you need to do a U turn to get out. Very tight with a twin axle caravan and needed to do a quick reverse to complete the U turn. Luckily only one other unit there otherwise a few more reverses. LOL!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Staying at Ross Park and although we paid for a Premier Pitch, they allocated us a very sloping "seasonal" pitch stuck away at the back of the park surrounded by trees with the main road to Totnes within 50 yards. Not sure how well we well sleep tonight! Not amused. :mad:

Due to the slope of the pitch forward to back and side to side, really struggled with the self levelling. Our two nearside wheels are right off the ground. No wonder no one wanted these seasonal pitches. Although water and waste connection probably no sun for most of the day.

We have stayed at Ross Park previously and had the Deluxe pitches which were very nice and in better locations. Decided to go a bit up market and this is what we get! :mad:
Sorry to hear of the pitch woe's, obviously being less than 3 miles from us we haven't stayed there, but have always heard good things about the site.
Anyway sit back, relax and enjoy.

Reactions: Buckman and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts