My weekend- and some advice please!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello all

Sitting at work still V happy after my visit to Black Knowle CC site in the New Forest. What a great location- especially seeing the wild stags so close to the site, and the deer eating the grass around the van after dark- superb!

Anyway Winter is nearly here (although not today it seems) and the full size awning has been retired to the garage. Porch awnings for muddy shoes and wet coats seem like a good idea. Was looking at the fibreglass framed Scenic? Anyone care to recommend or otherwise before I order one?

Thanks- Paul

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Paul

I bought a Scenic last year mainly for Winter use and find it great. Easy to erect and quite stable even when it gets a bit windy.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Theres lots of threads on the Panora Scenic Paul, probably in Equipment & Accessories. I will repeat my former post though, go for the Panorama and not the Quest Basecamp. I had a Quest and after the 4th day of use it was a write off. As usual when I contacted the suppliers I was told its classed as storm damage. I now have a Panorama, but only used it for a week, but it is far superior. It only takes about 10 minutes to erect, 15 if your slow heheh. Good luck.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Theres lots of threads on the Panora Scenic Paul, probably in Equipment & Accessories. I will repeat my former post though, go for the Panorama and not the Quest Basecamp. I had a Quest and after the 4th day of use it was a write off. As usual when I contacted the suppliers I was told its classed as storm damage. I now have a Panorama, but only used it for a week, but it is far superior. It only takes about 10 minutes to erect, 15 if your slow heheh. Good luck.
oops a typo, Panorama

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep, just bought the scenic ourselves and used it for the first time this weekend. Bought the large version and easily got 4 chairs and a small table in it. Easy to put up...not sure about this 5 minute thing though...took us a while to work it out first time. Only thing I would say, pegs are really no good for a hardstanding pitch (the gravel type in a forest). Had to use rock pegs and even managed to bend one of these! And another, we bought also to hang wet coats and soon discovered there is NO WHERE to hang anything as it uses fibreglass poles on the outside of the awning...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep, just bought the scenic ourselves and used it for the first time this weekend. Bought the large version and easily got 4 chairs and a small table in it. Easy to put up...not sure about this 5 minute thing though...took us a while to work it out first time. Only thing I would say, pegs are really no good for a hardstanding pitch (the gravel type in a forest). Had to use rock pegs and even managed to bend one of these! And another, we bought also to hang wet coats and soon discovered there is NO WHERE to hang anything as it uses fibreglass poles on the outside of the awning...

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We bought the Plus too and also found the problem of hanging wet towels, coats etc. so we are going to take one of those lightweight folding clothes airers next time, which is this coming Friday at Minehead. As Paul & Ruth said, buy some rock pegs, the ones supplied are no good unless you're on grass.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From the title it reminded me of my younger days when I would visit the barber shop and prior to paying for the haircut there would be the usual question "would you like anything for the weekend sir?" Those were the days or is it my mind doing overtime again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From the title it reminded me of my younger days when I would visit the barber shop and prior to paying for the haircut there would be the usual question "would you like anything for the weekend sir?" Those were the days or is it my mind doing overtime again.
Perhaps its something for the weak end nowadays.

Be it mind or does it matter !!

TRENDING THREADS