n,i caravan club

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
hi i live in n,nireland,and would like to join the caravan club but would love to know if its worth it as i am unlikely to leave ireland,due to injury and being unable to travel for long,but matbe get to scotland,hopefully!but i want your advise or experence of value and use here in n,i.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I can not speak for NI specifically, but all local centres have a rally programme that are in the main local and are run by local people, these people can become good friends and will be willing to help should the need arise.

Rallies are run at anything from commercial sites to green fields.

I would log on to the local centre web page and see what is available or e-mail the rally sec?

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Christopher

We live in N. Ireland and joined the Caravan Club last year but found it was not really any use to us so we did not renew our membership this year.

Unless you are going to the mainland a lot or intend to go on the rallies here I don't think you will get a lot out of it.

We booked into Drumaheglis site, Ballymoney last year for a week and got a bit of discount through the club but there isn't really any other sites here run by the Caravan Club.

You do get a club magazine every month - but not worth the money for us in the end.

Hope that helps - Janet

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Christopher. I too live in Northern Ireland and I joined the Caravan Club some 25 years ago, however unlike Janet, I am still a member. We go to the mainland once a year for between 3 and 4 weeks, generally in June and or July, staying at 3 or 4 sites each year. We always make sure we are home again before the English school holidays start. On occasions, we have gone over again in September for a couple of weeks. There are good deals on both Stena and P&O, if you pick the right sailing, you pay for the car and passengers and the caravan goes free. The free monthly magazine and the saving on site fees is worth the sub. alone. Henry

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi Christopher

We live in N. Ireland and joined the Caravan Club last year but found it was not really any use to us so we did not renew our membership this year.

Unless you are going to the mainland a lot or intend to go on the rallies here I don't think you will get a lot out of it.

We booked into Drumaheglis site, Ballymoney last year for a week and got a bit of discount through the club but there isn't really any other sites here run by the Caravan Club.

You do get a club magazine every month - but not worth the money for us in the end.

Hope that helps - Janet
thanks for that janet.do you know is there an irish c,avan club.or maybe we should look at setting one up.

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
I live in Northern Ireland and have been caravanning for three years. My husband and I have thought about joining either the Caravan Club or the C & C Club, but have agreed that it is not worth the membership fee due to the lack of their sites over here. Even when we do go across the irish sea on holiday, their sites are still expensive even with the member discount. And as for the reduced ferry prices discussed, members of the public get the same free caravan deals on certain sailings with both P&O and Stena. We are heading to the mainland this July and got a fantastic ferry offer at the Holiday World Show in January. Free caravan both ways, and also half price car + passenger price, giving a total discount of approx

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
I live in Northern Ireland and have been caravanning for three years. My husband and I have thought about joining either the Caravan Club or the C & C Club, but have agreed that it is not worth the membership fee due to the lack of their sites over here. Even when we do go across the irish sea on holiday, their sites are still expensive even with the member discount. And as for the reduced ferry prices discussed, members of the public get the same free caravan deals on certain sailings with both P&O and Stena. We are heading to the mainland this July and got a fantastic ferry offer at the Holiday World Show in January. Free caravan both ways, and also half price car + passenger price, giving a total discount of approx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts