NCAP Ratings

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
NCAP and it’s worldwide variations for me are an “independent”method of evaluating the safety of both passengers and pedestrians.What does matter is magazines such as Which? have “Don’t Buy”. The Fiat 500 still remains a Don‘t Buy for example. As a Consumer driven journal should I believe their findings🤔. If not where else do we look?
The EV high rate of breakdowns is quite honestly worthy of a new thread.
Hi DD my youngest granddaughter wants a Fiat 500 but after some discussion she will look at a Ford Fiesta first

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi DD my youngest granddaughter wants a Fiat 500 but after some discussion she will look at a Ford Fiesta first
It’s very difficult to make a choice particularly if it’s an older car being purchased as you need to look at the NCAP results for that period, and then check if the car had an upgrade or a new model in the period. All 500s May look the same but I’m sure structural design/ materials will have changed over its lifespan. Our granddaughter will have the same problem, unless she persuades us to donate our Rio.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Other than Which? Where else can the punter look for an honest review?? Not Amazon reviews please!
Probably nowhere. There are reports on reliability from various organisations which tend to follow a general pattern but they do have differences. I do tend to go for reliability and have done well so far, but have no idea of the NCAP rating for the car, or even if there is one.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good excuse to buy a newer car. LOL!
Not really planning to change the Rio until it’s 7 year warranty expires, and even then it may stay depending on what prevails at the time. Tentatively we’ve marked 2025 as the year to review our motoring needs, and must say we are attracted to a BEV. But theres a lot of water yet to flow under that bridge.

Reactions: Buckman
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That the same with my wife car at present it gone through every MOT starts up straight away it has been the most reliable car she owned .
So the granddaughters got a long wait .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts