NEC, anyone else go?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
We went today, we’re only 30 minutes away but it took 2 hours due to the amount of people visiting. The place was extremely busy, lots of tourers but some of the prices were way up. Ours is six months old, if we changed it for an identical new one I’d have to find a few thousand!

We came away with a pair of Isabella foot stools, a cordless rechargeable hair curler for my wife and that’s about it. I was quite taken aback by the fit/finish of some of the interior fittings in the Coachman’s, peeling vinyl and warped panels on a £40K caravan were a bit much.

Lots of people browsing the new caravans but don’t know how many opened their wallets!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Quite surprised that they cannot even get a show caravan looking right. Doesn’t bode well for the production models. Taking potentially customers for granted.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Quite surprised that they cannot even get a show caravan looking right. Doesn’t bode well for the production models. Taking potentially customers for granted.

I think a lot of folks wouldn’t notice but being in engineering I always look at what’s beneath the surface! It’s a shame as they were a cracking spec (at a price) but the vinyl strips covering wall board joints were all curled up at the edges and the bathroom wall in one bowed by over an inch. Other manufacturers could well have been the same but I happened to latch onto it in a Coachman.

We were surprised how busy it was, I suppose folks could well have been browsing rather than buying but the sales folks seemed to be busy on most stands.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Did not attend that but went to Glasgow. We did notice some damage to doors over kitchen and some other scrapes on a Swift and a door lock broken on another. Possibly more to do with the constant high number of visitors opening and shutting things as I doubt it arrived like that. What was clear was that the stands were filled with top level caravans at the expense of the lower ranges.
There did seem to be a reasonable amount of sales going on though despite the price rises.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
What was clear was that the stands were filled with top level caravans at the expense of the lower ranges.

We noticed the same, with lots of dealer specials that became repetitive when walking from one stand to the next, with most price tags starting in the £20K price bracket.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have stopped going to the show's, but looking at the Coachman FaceBook group, there is a lot of people complaining about the wall paper pealing off, from about year 2019, Maybe the wrong glue being used,
With the footfall in caravans in the shows it should give you a fair view of how your caravan will be in a years time.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have stopped going to the show's, but looking at the Coachman FaceBook group, there is a lot of people complaining about the wall paper pealing off, from about year 2019, Maybe the wrong glue being used,
With the footfall in caravans in the shows it should give you a fair view of how your caravan will be in a years time.
It’s not as if they have had little experience of bonding facings. Glad that they don’t make modern aircraft.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s not as if they have had little experience of bonding facings. Glad that they don’t make modern aircraft otherwise large parts may not make it to the planned destination.

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The paper over the joins curling, seems to be a common is a issue to most brands. On previous caravan the dealer advised against using glue like No nails as it is too good. If you use a really good glue, if at some point one of the panels needs to be removed, you will end up damaging both panels. Best to use something like THIS and to use staples to hold it in place.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i have only been to a couple of shows but you do hear customer complaining about wall paper peeling off . we were recommended about this Pritt Copydex Adhesive and the paper on our caravan it certainly stuck it back on .

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
We drove past on the M42 on Sunday about 1130, the queues were horrendous, going back over a mile on the motorway Northbound and only a bit shorter Southbound.
Should we decide to go we'll probably take the train.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
We drove past on the M42 on Sunday about 1130, the queues were horrendous, going back over a mile on the motorway Northbound and only a bit shorter Southbound.
Should we decide to go we'll probably take the train.

You should have waved, we were sitting in that lot at that time! I wonder if folks left it until the last day in the hope of bagging a bargain or whether it was that busy all week?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts