NEC Caravan Show

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sam

We went on Tuesday and had a good look round. To be honest the show was dominated by motorhomes and Winnebago type leisure vehicles and the actual caravan part of the show occupied the smaller area.

Towsure and Riversway Leisure had large stores set up as did smaller retailers and familiar names.

Jonic bedding gave demos on how to make beds up and we found 'Life's a Breeze' the stall that sells those great big long lightweight flagpoles with kites, flags etc, I'd always wondered where they came from.

I'd guess that there were not quite so many dealers present at this event but most models and ranges were represented.

The new Bailey Pegasus range attracted a lot of interest an did the much hyped Stealth range, the least said the better about that ;0(

There seemed more places provided to sit for a packed lunch this time which is good and I'd advise anyone attending to consider taking a small bottle of water to sip during the day, walking around the NEC can be a thirsty affair.

It was nice to meet members of the Practical Caravan team in Hall 19 not far from the Bailey caravans, don't forget to say hello to them and tell them what a wonderful and well moderated forum they own lol!

I hope that you enjoy your visit, we did.

G

Parksy,

I am glad you enjoyed your visit. We did look at attending but after adding up the cost of travel and accomodation, it would have been a very expensive trip, so we will wait until SECC, Glasgow in February.

We did attend this time last year and again the caravans were the minority in the smaller Hall. Mind you if there were a number of Winnies around, then space would soon be taken. They do appear to be selling even with price tags in excess of

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, me and my husband went to the NEC yesterday, i was dissapointed that most of the show was motorhomes and only a small part to caravans, and I felt that the caravans were all the same, the fabrics etc and we are not sure why anyone would want the new caravans with the fixed beds, where you have to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, I suppose its ok if there is only two of you but no good if you have guests. We went to the caravan and boat show a few years ago and that was much better it was more fun, there was more going on as entertainment.The food was expensive we got sausage chips and veg x2 it cost us just under

G

Buy an American RV at your peril ScotchLad. You may well be lucky to get half way to Morocco without half the gear on it failing and the vehicle itself breaking down or even having a wheel fall off like a friend of ours had in Austria.

His RV was new at the time and has ate its way through numerous wheel bearings.

A lot of RV owers find the running repair and servicing costs very very high!

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
You should have had a t shirt on saying "im Parksy" i could have said hello then.

What happened to Mike Nolan? I must admit Jay still looked pretty hot!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mike Nolan was badly injured in a crash involving the tour bus used by the band when he was thrown through the windscreen so one could suppose that he's lucky to be doing anything really.

We stood slightly behind Jay Ashton and I am in full agreement with your sentiment! Tommy Walsh's face when the girls whipped off their mini skirts was a picture lol.

I have the feeling that I'm better off remaining anonymous so I'll pass on the tee shirt idea Mikey.

Herself has just said that she has visions of loads of disgruntled forum members chasing me round and round the NEC with rolled up copies of Practical Caravan magazine like they do in the old Benny Hill sketches.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts