Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is it me ? Am I tight ? £30 / £35 for a family ticket to the show is a bit on the high side ?? Not sure that with Petrol and food etc its acually worth going. Potential savings will be out weighed by the cost of the day out !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I totally agree with you - all these major shows such as Caravan & Camping, Motor Show, Classic Car Show, etc. are all rip off merchants regarding ticket entry prices. My wife and I used to attend on a regular basis but when the admission charges started to rise drastically we stopped going and. All they are doing is charging us to advertise their goods and hope we purchase something. The NEC shows are the worst. Mind you it costs an arm and a leg to take the family to either a rugby or soccer international also. There are too many people milking the system i.e. fat cats.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suppose we must consider that this is a "day out". I do object to paying such a high entry free though to what is a trade show at the end of the day.havinbg said that The arls cort show last year was just about bearable as we got freeeby tickets through subscription to this mag, but still paid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agreed, I went to the Gmex specificaly to have alook at the Powertouch mover. I saved enough on the show price to pay for the entrance fee and parking, just. Parking for 3 hrs cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well of course the reason is obvious, they know that all caravaners are stinking rich (except me) and wont mind parting with some of their surplus cash. Don't be so tight

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It seems ridiculous paying large amounts of money to spend money. Do you pay to enter your local supermatket because that is just what shows are about. getting you to spend your hard earned cash! I give shows a miss and save money and a lot of hassle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would not consider myself "tight" as potrayed by other replies to this topic. I would be only too willing to pay to see a trade exhibition. However for a family to spend this type of money and then food, car parking and travelling on top it becomes an expensive day out. There are many people who may be rich caravaners but having taken retirement I for one am not and my wife and I are more cautios with our budget prior to when I was earning reasonable money. Therefore in conclusion my wife and self will not be visiting these shows and can obtain sufficient knowledge of what is about from magazines, etc. with the benifit of being able to retain the magazine for future reference.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I got free tickets for Gmex, but the parking was expensive and a nightmare to get there. If I had to pay for tickets too, I wouldn't have gone at all. The Lawns show at Cottingham near Hull in September only charges

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just read some of the postings, NEIL - the show is not a trade show but a public show. Note the number of distributers/dealers exhibiting. The NEC as a venue is much better for the public, more central for most customers with excelent road rail and air links, and parking within the exhibition site. The NEC is less good for manufactures, who will try to strike deals with suppliers and Dealers. The corporate enetertainment infrastruture is no-where as well developed as London. The NEC is definately a public show, my suspicion is that if it were to leave the NEC, London would prove to be too expensive now. so Use it or Loose it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Couldn't agree more with the latest respondent. The NEC is in probably the most convenient place for those of us in the North, not just for the South East, free parking, free buses from car park to door, or if you want a 15 minute walk in partial countryside, its ideal.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All i can say neil is that your tight, if you can afford to go caravanning and also to be able to buy a towcar and caravan and pay for site fees not forgetting this is a hobby there is someting wrong somewhere along the line,you can spend

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Neil,

No your not tight at all, with a family its a lot of money with food fuel etc and that's before you start to buy any goodies for your caravan.

My wife and I went to the NEC show about 3 years ago. It cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts